1998 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Z-licious
By gucciboy75 on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

Well, I just purchased a 1998 zx2 "hot" from a private party. The car had 62,500miles when i bought it. The car has every option available except abs because when the seller ordered the car abs wasn't an option then. I have all the service and maintanence records for the car since new. That in itself is amazing. Its a perfect car for me because the upgraded seats hug my back althought I don't recommend it to large frame people. All in all I am very satisfied with my car and never thought I would say that about a ford.

1998 Ford Escort ZX2
By RodDogKen on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Features: Automatic and A/C. Front-wheel drive. Only 23,500 miles in 5 1/2 years. Everything still works well! Right front wheel-bearing was replaced/was making a noticable noise.

Sensible Car
By squad57 on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

This is the first new car that I have ever bought and it was a great investment. I had it paid off in 4 years which was great. I have never had anything major go wrong with the Escort and it rides smoothly. I get great gas mileage down the highways.

Great Car
By JoshStud on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

Great handle! Awesome Car!

ESCORT
By JONI on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

MY CAR IS GREAT ON GAS, I'VE HAD THIS CAR FOR FOUR YEARS AND I'VE NEVER HAD ANY THING GO WRONG WITH IT. I HAVE PLENTY OF TRUNK SPACE. AND IT RIDES SMOOTH, HAS PLENTY OF PICK UP AND GO FOR A COMPACT CAR. I'D RECCOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.

Best car i ever owned
By froman on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

it is a great car for the price i paid for it. i bought it used a few months ago and havent had any problems.

Good for a Student
By BDbuddy23 on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I've had my Escort for about 2 years now and I have to say it has been a solid experience. The escort gets excellent gas mileage, and has a reasonable ride for a 'no frills' type of car. I've only had one problem and that was a radiator hose break.

My Green Escort
By Julieturtle on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

My hubby & I bought our '98 light green Escort LX in 2000 and we've put a lot of miles on it. In 3 years alone, we've doubled the miles. It has been a great, reliable car for us and our growing family. I tend to have a lead foot, so I wish it had more balls, but it's probably better that it didn't. It's a great car, anyway, and we're very sure it'll be our family vehicle for a long time.

Been Great for the Long Haul
By JennyFL on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I've had my ZX2 since buying it new in 98--its been great! I've put over 100000 miles on it with few problems-- had to replace the alternator. The 5spd is zippy and tight. Nothing better than knowing its gonna start up every time I need it to. I'm sooo pleased to have gotten so much out of this little car and hope I'm driving it for a few more years b/c I'll hate to give it up!

One of the better Fords
By Bob315 on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

Very fuel efficient and reliable - almost 5 years old and no mechancial problems - far superior to its replacement the Ford Focus