1998 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Z-licious
By gucciboy75 on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

Well, I just purchased a 1998 zx2 "hot" from a private party. The car had 62,500miles when i bought it. The car has every option available except abs because when the seller ordered the car abs wasn't an option then. I have all the service and maintanence records for the car since new. That in itself is amazing. Its a perfect car for me because the upgraded seats hug my back althought I don't recommend it to large frame people. All in all I am very satisfied with my car and never thought I would say that about a ford.

1998 Ford Escort ZX2
By RodDogKen on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Features: Automatic and A/C. Front-wheel drive. Only 23,500 miles in 5 1/2 years. Everything still works well! Right front wheel-bearing was replaced/was making a noticable noise.

Best car i ever owned
By froman on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

it is a great car for the price i paid for it. i bought it used a few months ago and havent had any problems.

Been Great for the Long Haul
By JennyFL on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I've had my ZX2 since buying it new in 98--its been great! I've put over 100000 miles on it with few problems-- had to replace the alternator. The 5spd is zippy and tight. Nothing better than knowing its gonna start up every time I need it to. I'm sooo pleased to have gotten so much out of this little car and hope I'm driving it for a few more years b/c I'll hate to give it up!

1998 Ford Escort Sedan
By Christina Williams on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

Reliable. Good gas mileage. Dependable. Great trunk space.

GREAT CAR
By fromthetown on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

My experience has been great with my ZX2. It is fun car to drive and gets great mileage. I have put very little money into the car except for regular oil changes and a K&N Air Filter. My only complaint is the spongy feeling brake pedal. Besides this the car is awesome. I would recomend this car to anyone, but especially to any college student who needs reliable transportation like me.

the perfect first car...
By CodyB on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I love my car!!! I bought one as my first car last year, and it's great. It's great to find the S curves on back roads and fly by my friend with a civic. The only reason I only put a 9 for performance is because it doesnt really compare to my dad's nissan 300ZX, but it's still a peppy little sports car and I love it.

After nearly 5 years, it's been great!!
By wje on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

I purchased my '98 ZX2 Sport brand new. After nearly 5 years, I've put 40K miles on it. I'm using Mobil1 sythetic oil in my car. It's never been in the shop for a repair. Sadly, my daughter is now 9-years-old and I need to spring for a 4-door car, so I've got to sell my ZX2 :( The car has been a fun car and my red paint shines as good as (or better) than the day I purchased it due to my extensive upkeep on the car. I'm not young - nearly 40, but this has been a fun car to drive.

Great Car for the money
By langevette on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for college transportation. and it is great! I now have over 72000 and still runs great. I bought it with trans. problems and fought the dealer till he rebuilt if for free. ($1500 worth) Gas milage in the mid 30s, but I drive hard.

good car
By probe user on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

this was my first car, it was a good car until i totaled it. oops. Never gave me any problems the 3 years i had it. good car