1998 Ford Escort Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
the perfect first car...
By CodyB on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I love my car!!! I bought one as my first car last year, and it's great. It's great to find the S curves on back roads and fly by my friend with a civic. The only reason I only put a 9 for performance is because it doesnt really compare to my dad's nissan 300ZX, but it's still a peppy little sports car and I love it.

Great Car for the money
By langevette on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for college transportation. and it is great! I now have over 72000 and still runs great. I bought it with trans. problems and fought the dealer till he rebuilt if for free. ($1500 worth) Gas milage in the mid 30s, but I drive hard.

This car has been sooo good to me!
By Aileen on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I bought my ford escort in May of 1998. I have never had a serious problem with this car (other than the ac compressor giving out at 65,000 - but it IS florida). This car has never let me down. The reliability is excellent and for only a 2.0 it hauls ass!!!! I wish I would ahve got the one witht the sun roof!

ZX2
By adam okay on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love it!

Satisfied Customer
By mto on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

Have had this vehicle almost a year now. Very satisfied with performance and gas mileage. I avg. about 32 mpg driving a mixture of about 70% interstate and 30% city. Some interior improvements would make life easier (see "Suggested Improvements").

98 zx2
By ritchmonty on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

runs great and gets 35 mpg. Everything under hood is very well designed.

AWESOME ZX2
By zx2racer on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort Coupe ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I have a ZX2 that has 60+k and have no problems with it. This car has power, looks,& it's made in the great U.S.A. I would tell any of my friends to go out and buy a ZX2.