1998 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Wagon's Ho !
By Phranq on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

I bought a used '98 SE Wagon with ~25K miles. Overall I am very satisfied with the performance and reliability of the wagon so far. The extra cargo area and roof rack have come in handy when hauling stuff and taking a short trip. Great Gas mileage (35+ on freeway with automatic trans.) and the controls are logically placed. Great Used car for the $ and features.

AWESOME ZX2
By zx2racer on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool 2dr Coupe

I have a ZX2 that has 60+k and have no problems with it. This car has power, looks,& it's made in the great U.S.A. I would tell any of my friends to go out and buy a ZX2.

Great basic transportation!
By JPH on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

We have really enjoyed this car. We have 75,000 miles on it and have no problems. It is great basic transportation. Excellent gas mileage 34 city, 39 highway

great little car with get up and go
By slats on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased the escort five years ago and have had no problems whatever. It has more get up and go then would be expected and the gas mileage has been 27 to 29 pg. Just this past month the generator failed. first time I had to send money on it other then tires and windshield wipers. Currently 95,000 miles.

not gooood
By LikesALittleMonster on 03/15/02 19:10 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot 2dr Coupe

man i got a 98 with 50k and all ready MAIN Body Frame rusting (inside under Fenders) engine loud as hell, drive is horroble, inside look - looks like from a STONE AGE when ppl live in caves, seat are SUPER UNCONFTEBLE my back hurts from 10 min drive in em, its got a nice out side look ill give a + to that and the rest is horoble a sport car with 130 horse and inside looks like crap