Used 1998 Ford Escort LX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Escort Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

I really love my Escort
By Terry

1998 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is my second Escort. I purchased my first 98 escort new and drove it to well over 300k miles. It was sadly taken out by a tractor trailer while parked, but was still running strong. I am on my second 98 escort (took me months to find one) and it's also great. Purchased it with 108k and have taken it all over the country since. Just like my first escort, this one just keeps going and going. I like dependability and economy in my vehicles and this car serves them both up with a smile.

THIS CAR JUST KEEPS GOING!
By gradstudent99

1998 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car back in 2005, have had it almost 6 years and have put close to 50,000 miles on it.
This car has been through snow storms, and near floods.
Has never left me stranded or broken down on me.
Has never had a day where it didn't start.

This has been the most low maintenance car I've ever had.
Over the past 6 years I can't say that I've spend more than $1,200 on my car.
Which is like an average of $300 a year including oil changes and tire replacements etc.

Love this car, and at 140,000 its tickin' like it just left the dealer's lot.

Manual transmission has a good strength and feel for a car that only has 130 hp, it gets up there and has gone toe to toe with civics, eclipses and defeated them.

Horrible Car
By Will

1998 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car is the most "Gutless" piece of machinery I have ever encountered. My dog can accelerate faster than this car. We have been stricken with repair after repair. Now the entire exhaust system is shot and needs replacement.

None!

Never build this car again!!

My First Car
By Dre

1998 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I just resently got a 98 Ford Escort LX as my first car. When I first saw it I wasn't very happy with it. It just didn't look quite right. Now that I have it I really like it. My Escort only has 74,950 miles on it! Not bad for a 98.

I really like the power windows, locks, and mirrors. The front is very roomy and even the back too, and I am 5'10".

A inside trunk release would be nice and a standard CD player.

Very trusty, reliable car
By artbkward

1998 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've driven my 98 Escort since I turned 16 (8 years ago), it has never required any more than routine repair. It's got 147,000 miles on it now and still has alot of life left in it. Gets good fuel mileage although does have small spot of rust on the door. I added a CD player since it came with AM/FM radio only. It's been a great little car for me, I would highly recommend.

Roomy interior despite small size, reliablity, fuel mileage,

Cup holder doesn't fit large drink while car is in park. Rear cup holder isn't deep enough: drink spills when going around turns. CD player should be standard. Rear defrost.