1998 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
THIS CAR JUST KEEPS GOING!
By gradstudent99 on 01/28/11 19:55 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car back in 2005, have had it almost 6 years and have put close to 50,000 miles on it. This car has been through snow storms, and near floods. Has never left me stranded or broken down on me. Has never had a day where it didn't start. This has been the most low maintenance car I've ever had. Over the past 6 years I can't say that I've spend more than $1,200 on my car. Which is like an average of $300 a year including oil changes and tire replacements etc. Love this car, and at 140,000 its tickin' like it just left the dealer's lot.

Horrible Car
By Will on 02/25/10 14:22 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

This car is the most "Gutless" piece of machinery I have ever encountered. My dog can accelerate faster than this car. We have been stricken with repair after repair. Now the entire exhaust system is shot and needs replacement.

My First Car
By Dre on 09/07/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I just resently got a 98 Ford Escort LX as my first car. When I first saw it I wasn't very happy with it. It just didn't look quite right. Now that I have it I really like it. My Escort only has 74,950 miles on it! Not bad for a 98.

Very trusty, reliable car
By artbkward on 04/11/08 07:38 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I've driven my 98 Escort since I turned 16 (8 years ago), it has never required any more than routine repair. It's got 147,000 miles on it now and still has alot of life left in it. Gets good fuel mileage although does have small spot of rust on the door. I added a CD player since it came with AM/FM radio only. It's been a great little car for me, I would highly recommend.

great little car that keeps on running!
By markiejohng on 06/14/06 21:40 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1998 Ford Escort LX back in Sept. of 2005 and this car has been nothing but a great little ride. It is very reliable, has peppy performance with the 5-speed, drives very well, the interior is very functional, and the body is in excellent shape. It provides me with great all-around transportation. It had 121,000 miles when I purchased it and the motor continues to run strong like new. It gets excellent gas mileage. All around, it has been a great car to own. The only things I have had to replace was a thermostat and a new battery. Other than that, it just keeps running and running.

It just keeps on going
By mruconn on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1998 LX after my 1993 Ecort GT started to give me problems and it was the most affordable car for me at taht time. I bought it new with 18 miles on it and as of today, 6/10/04, I now have 209,670 miles. No major problems, just things are wearing out but that is to be expected, plus I ma still getting 35+ mpg. It just keeps running and running, maybe thats why Ford discontinued it, it was too good.

Great Car
By Pauline Stewart on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I had this car for less than a year and it had a lot of miles on it when i bought it. i bought i for $3,000. i though that was a good deal. i am a senior in high school and use it everyday to go to school, work and sometimes the mall. I really like my car. It is depenable, has great gas milage and it is just a perfect car for someone;s first car.

weee
By iced98lx on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

The 5spd helps with performance, and it never breaks down, get 38mpg on the road, what more do I need?

Great Car
By JoshStud on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

Great handle! Awesome Car!

Good for a Student
By BDbuddy23 on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I've had my Escort for about 2 years now and I have to say it has been a solid experience. The escort gets excellent gas mileage, and has a reasonable ride for a 'no frills' type of car. I've only had one problem and that was a radiator hose break.