1997 Ford Escort Consumer Review: Great Little Car!

1997 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Little Car!
By mcaldwell on

1997 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car brand new in 1996 when I was just four years old. This car has never failed to get us where we need to go! We even took it up to Canada one summer and it drove superbly! The gas mileage is a definite plus, however now that I'm no longer my little four-year-old self, and am 6ft tall, the back seat is extremely tough to get into. It's now our secondary car and we almost never put the whole family in it. I share it with my mom and it is a great, easy, reliable car with just enough get up and go to get me out of trouble and keep me out of it! The clutch is amazing; it's lasted over 106,000 miles and it's still like new! The only comlaint is a loss of power with the AC on.

Five-speed, twin-port fuel injection system for peppy engine. Fuel economy

I would suggest to get a model with tilt wheel. It's a little annoying for tall drivers because you have to drive with your legs open and it's hard to read the speedometer when it's in the higher range because of the low- steering wheel blocking it.