Gets me and my stuff from point A to B
By kfhoz on
1997 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon
I bought this little station wagon about 4 years ago. I was looking at Subaru's because that is what I had owned before, and my husband has one but this one was much cheaper. It has worked just fine the whole time! The engine revs lots lower than the Subaru at highway speeds, so it gets lots better mileage. This car has worked for me as well as the Toyota Camry I drove for 5 years. It has not needed any fancy mechanical work, gets great mileage, and I don't worry about it. I carry kayaks on top, and camping gear inside, and have moved a portable dishwasher with no problem.
Favorite Features
I love the big buttons on the radio/cassette player. My old Toyota had itty bitty little buttons that were hard to operate while keeping your eyes on the road. The split-seats in the back, so you can get your skis inside, along with 3 passengers has been very nice. Has airbag.
Suggested Improvements
My least favorite feature on this car is the lack of central locking - and that is only because my previous car had central locking and I got used to it. The seats are a bit more like old-fashioned bucket seats, and I would prefer better lumbar support. There is one airbag.