This is my 2nd Escort
By Ford Escort Wagon on
1996 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon
This is my second Escort, loved my first one, very reliable, both the drive tyrain and chasis was bulit by Mazda. Ford built the body. I had a 4 door 1.9 now a wagon 1.9 i seem to have lost a bit of power. The wagon only has 50kgs of more weight, but lacks of power accelerating. I would love a 5 speed but very rare. This car is very pratical and reliable. I love my Escorts. My 1991 had 250,000k's on it and was still going strong. That's why I bought an another one. My opinion? Buy an Escort, good and reliable cars.
Favorite Features
Comfort, rear wiper. Cheap tires, 13 or 14 depending on rims. All options are easy to access but rear wiper. Space with rear seat down 60/40 split. Lots of cargo room for a small car. Power options are good. Seating is good and comforatble for long trips. Overall I love my Escort.
Suggested Improvements
Just one, better access to rear wiper on/off/washer.
By thomasedwin
on 08/17/13 21:40 PM (PDT)

I bought a used 1991 ford lx wagon from the first owner with about 350 k on it for $400. I drove it for a year and it started burning oil so I replaced the head with a re-worked head + water pump and timing belt while I had it apart. I drove it for 3 more years with little problems finally the auto transaxle took a dump and the drivers side latter link mount in the back rusted away and I junked it for $100. When the tow truck came to get it and I signed over the tittle it had 482 k on it and the motor still started up and ran good. Those escorts are good runners as long as they are driven easy and you do a every 3 month oil change.