1996 Ford Escort 1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I miss my escort!

1996 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

1996 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

LX 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I miss my escort!
By killthebananas on

1996 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

This car was given to me by my dad. It has been the most reliable car ever. I loved (and still do, really) this car and everything about it. The hatchback is super spacious, comfy seats, and nice looking interior. I performed regular maint on it and it treated me VERY well until about a week ago when it died at about 170k due to a bent valve. If properly diagnosed from the get go (it made noises for a while that no one would take seriously), I am positive my car would still be going strong right now. If not for that I would still be driving it and would NEVER give it up. I always said I would drive it til it died...I guess I should have kept my trap shut!!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING. I never felt like I was driving a 1996 vehicle. The interior was very nice looking. It had plenty of power and plenty of cargo room..to give you an idea..my bf was in a band and it fit his all of his gear, all of his guitarists gear and still room to spare!! No back passenger, of course.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion would be that Ford start making the escort again because it's the best car ever made.