Used 1995 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

This CAR
By Figlar-Barnes

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I just had this car worked on and a blown head gasket was feared to be the problem, but it was a pitted area in the head--which was fixed easily. This car has 205,000 miles on it (bought new) and has had minimal problems--if all of Ford vehicles were like this one, Ford would not be having a problem with its value and quality compared to its competitors like Toyota. It makes me laugh when I hear new vehicle advertisements bragging about great gas mileage (28-32 miles to a gallon highway). This car consistently gets 37 to 42 miles per gallon highway. Imagine that, the car is 10 years old!

Gas mileage and dependability.

Great 1st or 2nd car
By Great 1st or 2nd car

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

This is a great economy car that will give you very little problems. In the 2 years that I have owned the car I have driven it from 100,000 to 155,000 miles with no problems at all besides routine maintenance like oil change, new tires and battery. The car will last a long time. For the price and the fact that this is an economy car it is perfect.

Gas mileage, great handling, good speed for size of car. With care it will last a long time.

I would say power but come on people this is a economy car; if you want power get a SUV, there's plenty of cars with power out there.

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Kenneth Havens

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Bought this car new. At 105,000 miles I had to replace the front brake pads. At 80,000 I replaced the timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, and idler pulley. Other than regular maintenance, I've spent almost nothing on this car in almost 11 years. The last long trip taken in this car was with 4 adults, and luggage, and a dog. It got an average of 35 mpg@ 70 mph all day long.

Reliability.

Road noise suppression.

It's fast and a joy to ride
By Anton

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Escort GT (manual transmission). Love the suspension which is pretty stiff. Also, when purchasing an old GT, look out for engine mounts, transmission mounts, and front and back shock mounts. They tend to go bad and for a better ride you might need to change them. Engine is perfect, Just so you know this is a Mazda engine and '92-'97 Mazda Miata has the same engine. It is noisy, but if you open the window at slow speeds you could hear the stock exhaust. Good bang for a buck. The ONLY used Escort worth considering buying is the GT with a manual tranny.

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned!
By AQ

1995 Ford Escort 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car when I was in college. It was a Salvaged Title with only 3K miles on it. I drove it till a couple of years ago and donated it with 245K miles. NEVER HAD ANY DRIVETRAIN ISSUES! Barely changed oil every 15K miles, only problem I ever had was the alternator went bad, which I changed myself/ NO OTHER PROBLEMS. What a great car. Now I'm looking to buy another because of its reliability (for commute).

Reliability. gas mileage, and cheap cost of maintenance. What an indestructible car. I abused it every which way I could, and it still lasted.

You get what you pay for. I now own a BMW 540, so I wouldnt expect any comfort near what the Beamer has. But I was FULLY SATISFIED with what I paid for and the completely unexpected reliability that I got out of it.

• SUV