1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Love My Car
By Alyssa on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

Ilove this car. It is my favorite car that I have ever owned. As a matter of fact I plan to trade it in the future but only for another one like it except newer with lower miles.

'95 Scort
By DeathSlinger00 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

i have owned my 2-door LX for over two years now, and have put many miles on it. this car is very fun to drive, and is rather reliable. although it's highly underestimated, it does has some kick (with 88hp). if i ever trade it in, it will be for a 2nd gen GT... mainly because i love the body style, but would like to have a faster engine in it.

a highly UNDERATED hatchback
By chavez82 on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

What more can i say other than WOW!!! ford did a really good job with this one.....hats off!!!! i bought my car as a senior in hs back in '99 and love it. it started with 65000 and now has 120000 and the only major repair i had was the tranny.....but that was because this summer i went back and forth to cali from ND 4 times(that is 2000 one way to LB from Jmst). other than that no problems even with a 2000watt system tapped into the electrical system. also the hatchback design works perfectly with a system. sounds great!!!!!!

Long live to my Escort!!!!!!
By Cesar SUV Lover on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

This car is a mini-SUV to me :). It does not have the horsepower needed to make it more fast in acceleration, but is the faster that i know, I made 110 miles in the highway at full throttle!!!, and i felt secure, no tend to roll, exelent handling. But when is time to reapir it, is very Xpensive, and it ate lots of bucks. My mother had a roll-over in it recently, we are repairing it, but is to costly saddly, we are thinking in buying extra car, I hope a MS 2K at least

better paint job
By lenln59 on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

poor paint job! i bought the car in 1996 brand new,but by the third year the paint on the bumpers started to faid and rigt now the sunvisors are falling apart. i had no major problems . recently i changed timing belt and i have another problem with it, it's shaking when idle and on the freeway.

Good Get Around Car
By escortdude on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I bought a 1995 Escort in 98 when I was in college, and it took me from Missouri to the East Coast, Maryland to Maine, to the West Coast, back and forth several times, all with no major repairs except for the tranny. And let's face it, the trannies go out around 80 or 90k anyway. Betty the Red Escort was very reliable, had GREAT gas mileage, had GOOD pickup for a 4 banger, several tickets attest to that, and although my woman made fun of me for it, I enjoyed this car. I could haul a lot of stuff and barely had to refuel the tank. And she never left me stranded.

Best money I ever spent
By sgriffin on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

This car is our 3rd Escort and we recently purchased another to make 4! We have changed the oil and serviced it. That is it. It gets 36-40 mpg and is the most dependable car I have ever owned. It's easy to park and corners on a dime. I love my car!

95' Escort LX
By ssantos on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

Good experience. A good car for value- conscious consumers.

The greatest compact sport car
By Lunchbox on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

to start off. i love my escort gt. its the most wornderful car to drive. it's really quick when you want the power it's there. handles great. i do plan on making it handle better by putting some strut bars in front and back, and makeing it a little more powerful but i love it. it's a perfect sleeper i guarentee it'll beat a '97 honda civic ex coupe.

would buy another one
By car trader on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine at auction 5 months ago for $900. The car was fairly trashed by the previous owner, but I was looking for something cheap and good on gas. It has 132,000 miles and still runs strong. Leaks a little oil and antifreeze but it still gets 35+ mpg running back and forth to work. Shame it wasn't taken care of, but I'll run it till it drops and find another one. The A/C is awesome, a must for living in the south.