1995 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews 4

1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Escort 2dr Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
No Problems with This Car
By Kevins432 on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 9+ years with only normal maintenance (oil,filters,air-filter and such). It has performed wonderfully. When I purchased it I wanted a small,reliable car and that is what I got. I could not be happier with my purchase.

Cheap, but tough
By brewster on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

We have owned this car since new, and it has become the car I love to hate. The hatchback/wagon design is immensely practical (why don't all brands have one?) and the mileage, at nearly 40mpg on the highway is great. Also, I agree with other reviewers that the drivetrain is as reliable as a hammer. Unfortunately, the interior noise level, complete lack of power, very weak brakes, and uncomfortable seats make this vehicle miserable to drive for any real length of time. Also, the quality of assembly is clearly lacking--doors don't fit right, wiring was faulty from new, etc.

great car
By alman on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

i had this car my junior and senior year of highschool. it starts up every mourning and never had to worry about it breaking down. All the times i wrecked it due to teenage stupidity, i thought it would break down very soon. but surprisingly it never gave me too much problems. it handled great on any driving conditions. it revs up when you need it to.(all the wat to 7000rpm) It always felt as It had wiped out many wanna be fast cars.

Great Bang for the Buck
By talford1 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

The Escort has to be one of the most bulletproof designs Ford ever put on the road. The GT ups the ante and makes an econobox into a really fun package. The interior comfort is great. My car has over 120,000 on the odo and I drove it straight from Florida to Michigan with no discomfort. Great seats. Some of the items are indicative of an earlier mindset (i.e. cupholders that are only large enough to hold a can), but the interior is still roomy and functional. You can't beat a hatchback for functionality. This thing swallows just about anything with the seats folded down.

Humble but reliable
By quarthex on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

I love my escort. I bought it used and I have never had any problems with it. Not once have I ever turned the ignition key and had a failure. The looks could use help, but hey, it's a cheap car. I hope that whenever I buy a new car, it is as reliable and trouble free as this car.

1995 Escort GT
By Young Ma Hubbard on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car from a friend. It had been wrecked but I got it for a good price and it only had 20000 miles on it. Years later it has 101250 miles it and it is still going strong. It has a powerful automatic transmission. I have had to do little maintenance on this car. My kids are grown now and the only negative thing I can say is there isn't a lot of leg room for folks stuck riding in the back seat.

Not to shabby for a compact
By ChevyMan on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I am only 16 and this is my first car. Dad bought it because it was $300 expecting to do hardly anything to it but someone street raced it and it was stolen therefore we had to buy a new clutch, ignition, door lock, spark plugs, tires and speed sensor(thanks to potholes in west virginia that busted both front tires and sensor). It had pretty much brand new brakes on it but they must be cheap because I have hit them hard a few times and they just dont grap hard enough but the pedal is nice and stiff. It can handle like a dream since the guy upgraded the struts and it can do 60mph on a 25mph rated on ramp(thats the fastest i have tried). 32-45mpg

I love my Escort
By Escort Lover on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

What an outstanding vehicle! This is the second Escort we have owned and this one has been even better than the last one. Currently showing 115K on the clock. Maintenance schedule has been: change the brakes, oil, sparkplugs and air filter -- nothing else. Only non-predicted failure has been alternator and battery at 110K -- $200. Timing belt went at 90K should have been changed at 60K anyway. Total repair bill $240. The car needs no oil between changes still returns 32-36 mpg. Basically, the car has been a dream. The only visit to the dealership in 7- years was for the timing belt. What more can one ask for in a vehicle?

good value, great on gas
By squeebles on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

a fine reliable vehicle for transporting kids and/or dogs around. This car has never left me stranded and I would recommend it to anyone at this price range.

Unbelievable, except I lived it
By Exgweagle on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I have driven lots of similar cars from the competition, but they do not compare. Ford did it right with this one! The belts were to last 100k, but gave out at 199950...close enough for me. Change the oil evry 3k and she purrs like a kitten. Thank you ford for making Quality Job 1! At 166,750 now and still charging! Hope all my cars work like this from now on!!!