1995 Ford Escort Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
better paint job
By lenln59 on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

poor paint job! i bought the car in 1996 brand new,but by the third year the paint on the bumpers started to faid and rigt now the sunvisors are falling apart. i had no major problems . recently i changed timing belt and i have another problem with it, it's shaking when idle and on the freeway.

95' Escort LX
By ssantos on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Good experience. A good car for value- conscious consumers.

The greatest compact sport car
By Lunchbox on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

to start off. i love my escort gt. its the most wornderful car to drive. it's really quick when you want the power it's there. handles great. i do plan on making it handle better by putting some strut bars in front and back, and makeing it a little more powerful but i love it. it's a perfect sleeper i guarentee it'll beat a '97 honda civic ex coupe.

Praise for the Ford Escort
By EBS on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Although many people malign Fords, I have been very happy with mine for the past 6 years. It has 138,000 miles on it, and it is still running strong.

Good lil car, I already miss you
By Luisito on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

I bought the little Escort hessitantly, but in dier need of a car. At 44,000miles. It was great! I enjoyed it and gave me new hope in Ford products. I would recommend this little car to anyone who uses it for school or even small travel trips. Great fuel, I did have to replace a serpentine belt and before selling it the fan. No complaints, and I'm glad to say so! We grew out of it so that's why I sold it.

The Escort
By stvkrenim on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

The Escort is a reliable piece of basic transportation. It gets you from point A to point B with minimal fuss. Unfortunately, with the 1.9L engine, you also get minimal acceleration. Road noise is excessive, even for a small car, but the ride is quite supple for a car of this age (the chassis first debuted on the Protege in 1990). Not a bad little car overall, very reliable.

The Escort
By Stvkrenim on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Escort
By john15 on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

Difficult to get in and out of car without tilt steering wheel. Poor pick up in highway driving

Ford Escort 1995 2 Dr HatchBack
By Khan on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Its a very nice car, a powerful baby u can depend upon. Got a good road grip, nice steeting, powerful roaring engine & with manual shifting its way too coooool.

I LOVE MY CAR!!!! :)
By chikinblack on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This is an awesome car. Hands down. I was fairly worried when I first bought her, I love to travel and she was already at 54,000 miles, which gave me doubts to how long she'd last. I'm now at 88,000 miles and the only thing I've done to her is change the timing belt. The engine is great, you hit the pedal and you're gone. And 340 miles later you have to fill the tank. What more could you want? I've had no exterior/interior problems other than the belt, and I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something peppy, reliable, gas efficient, and a LOT of fun :) Two thumbs WAY up. Why did Ford have to take them away? :(