1995 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews 3

1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Escort 2dr Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Great 1st or 2nd car
By Great 1st or 2nd car on 06/13/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

This is a great economy car that will give you very little problems. In the 2 years that I have owned the car I have driven it from 100,000 to 155,000 miles with no problems at all besides routine maintenance like oil change, new tires and battery. The car will last a long time. For the price and the fact that this is an economy car it is perfect.

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Kenneth Havens on 06/02/05 23:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Bought this car new. At 105,000 miles I had to replace the front brake pads. At 80,000 I replaced the timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, and idler pulley. Other than regular maintenance, I've spent almost nothing on this car in almost 11 years. The last long trip taken in this car was with 4 adults, and luggage, and a dog. It got an average of 35 mpg@ 70 mph all day long.

It's fast and a joy to ride
By Anton on 05/19/05 08:12 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Escort GT (manual transmission). Love the suspension which is pretty stiff. Also, when purchasing an old GT, look out for engine mounts, transmission mounts, and front and back shock mounts. They tend to go bad and for a better ride you might need to change them. Engine is perfect, Just so you know this is a Mazda engine and '92-'97 Mazda Miata has the same engine. It is noisy, but if you open the window at slow speeds you could hear the stock exhaust. Good bang for a buck. The ONLY used Escort worth considering buying is the GT with a manual tranny.

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned!
By AQ on 12/31/04 14:41 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car when I was in college. It was a Salvaged Title with only 3K miles on it. I drove it till a couple of years ago and donated it with 245K miles. NEVER HAD ANY DRIVETRAIN ISSUES! Barely changed oil every 15K miles, only problem I ever had was the alternator went bad, which I changed myself/ NO OTHER PROBLEMS. What a great car. Now I'm looking to buy another because of its reliability (for commute).

I love my GT
By A.J. on 12/14/04 09:35 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

My Escort GT has been an excellent car for nearly ten years. It is fun to drive plus I can throw just about anything in the back. I feel it's as functional as an SUV but much more fun to drive.

My Favorite car
By big scott on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Most dependable car I have ever owned. Still has original spark plugs in it and still gets 33 mpg!

Well it got to me to and form work
By FunkySaceCowboy on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

Always started, nothing in the drivetrain ever broke in the 15 months I owned it. Cargo space and flexibility sold me on the hatchback design for future cars. Great milage. Bad points: Noisey, bad sound system, very uncomfortable for longer (30 minutes) trips. Lots of interior features were broken: auto-seatbelts, hi-beam switch, rear defrost button (fell into dash), thermostat etc... Ford seemed to put a lot of effort into building a reliable, low maintenance drivetrain in the Escort this year but really cheaped out on the interior bits and driver comfort features. It never ceased to remind me that I was driving an economy car.

great first car!
By pacothechihuahua01 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

When I had just turned 16 I asked dad for help getting a car. He didn't tell me but went out and bought a 95 escort that was a company car and had 153000 miles on it. To top it off it was purple. I wasn't crazy about the color but i was glad to have my own wheels. I no longer have this car because it finally died, but i can't complain since it had over 200,000 miles on it, not sure of actual milage because odometer broke and i have to get a new one that read 100k less than what i had on it. great car, few problems , inner tie rods. brakes!

Good little car
By Yves St-Louis/Joe on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I recommend this car to anybody who need good reliable economical basic transportation. After 125k other than normal maintenance the only part i changed was the alternator rear coil spring and front wheel bearings. But parts are not cheap Hope the focus is as good as this one

Only a crash could stop it!
By Bryant & Christy on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

155,000 miles and it was still going strong until it got t-boned at an intersection. It was driven pretty hard, over 80 miles a day on the highways at 65-75 mph. It had some significant repairs but overall it didn't have $18,000 in it over almost nine years including purchase price. An axle problem early on was covered under the warranty. The only long-term problem was a flaky electrical system. Recommend tires with higher heat rating to prevent wear if driven heavy.