Used 1995 Ford Escort Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
I love my GT
By A.J. on 12/14/04 09:35 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

My Escort GT has been an excellent car for nearly ten years. It is fun to drive plus I can throw just about anything in the back. I feel it's as functional as an SUV but much more fun to drive.

Well it got to me to and form work
By FunkySaceCowboy on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Always started, nothing in the drivetrain ever broke in the 15 months I owned it. Cargo space and flexibility sold me on the hatchback design for future cars. Great milage. Bad points: Noisey, bad sound system, very uncomfortable for longer (30 minutes) trips. Lots of interior features were broken: auto-seatbelts, hi-beam switch, rear defrost button (fell into dash), thermostat etc... Ford seemed to put a lot of effort into building a reliable, low maintenance drivetrain in the Escort this year but really cheaped out on the interior bits and driver comfort features. It never ceased to remind me that I was driving an economy car.

great car
By alman on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

i had this car my junior and senior year of highschool. it starts up every mourning and never had to worry about it breaking down. All the times i wrecked it due to teenage stupidity, i thought it would break down very soon. but surprisingly it never gave me too much problems. it handled great on any driving conditions. it revs up when you need it to.(all the wat to 7000rpm) It always felt as It had wiped out many wanna be fast cars.

Great Bang for the Buck
By talford1 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The Escort has to be one of the most bulletproof designs Ford ever put on the road. The GT ups the ante and makes an econobox into a really fun package. The interior comfort is great. My car has over 120,000 on the odo and I drove it straight from Florida to Michigan with no discomfort. Great seats. Some of the items are indicative of an earlier mindset (i.e. cupholders that are only large enough to hold a can), but the interior is still roomy and functional. You can't beat a hatchback for functionality. This thing swallows just about anything with the seats folded down.

Humble but reliable
By quarthex on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

I love my escort. I bought it used and I have never had any problems with it. Not once have I ever turned the ignition key and had a failure. The looks could use help, but hey, it's a cheap car. I hope that whenever I buy a new car, it is as reliable and trouble free as this car.

1995 Escort GT
By Young Ma Hubbard on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car from a friend. It had been wrecked but I got it for a good price and it only had 20000 miles on it. Years later it has 101250 miles it and it is still going strong. It has a powerful automatic transmission. I have had to do little maintenance on this car. My kids are grown now and the only negative thing I can say is there isn't a lot of leg room for folks stuck riding in the back seat.

Unbelievable, except I lived it
By Exgweagle on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I have driven lots of similar cars from the competition, but they do not compare. Ford did it right with this one! The belts were to last 100k, but gave out at 199950...close enough for me. Change the oil evry 3k and she purrs like a kitten. Thank you ford for making Quality Job 1! At 166,750 now and still charging! Hope all my cars work like this from now on!!!

Love My Car
By Alyssa on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

Ilove this car. It is my favorite car that I have ever owned. As a matter of fact I plan to trade it in the future but only for another one like it except newer with lower miles.

'95 Scort
By DeathSlinger00 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

i have owned my 2-door LX for over two years now, and have put many miles on it. this car is very fun to drive, and is rather reliable. although it's highly underestimated, it does has some kick (with 88hp). if i ever trade it in, it will be for a 2nd gen GT... mainly because i love the body style, but would like to have a faster engine in it.

a highly UNDERATED hatchback
By chavez82 on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

What more can i say other than WOW!!! ford did a really good job with this one.....hats off!!!! i bought my car as a senior in hs back in '99 and love it. it started with 65000 and now has 120000 and the only major repair i had was the tranny.....but that was because this summer i went back and forth to cali from ND 4 times(that is 2000 one way to LB from Jmst). other than that no problems even with a 2000watt system tapped into the electrical system. also the hatchback design works perfectly with a system. sounds great!!!!!!