1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Great car for Getting Around
By The Artist on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I have had some problems with my little scort, but we are working them out. I had a intensly bad problem when I was at an idling speed the car would begin to jolt, this was especially scary on the highway at fast speeds. My mechanic told me that it was the EGR (exhaust gasket registor), it is a emmisiions control device that was causing the exhaust to plug up. Now that I have this problem taking care of I have fallen in love with this car. I am currently adding performance parts under the hood. I also plan on painting it Emerald green in the summer of 2003!

I got a lemon
By DR on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I'm 18, purchased my first car last year, a ford escort, hunter green. First thing I should have noticed is that the last owner had a rebuilt engine, no biggie I thought, then it cost me $3500 in pure repairs after one year, the car has a new engine, transmission, radiator, alternator, brakes, a/c system and cooling fan, all replaced by me out of pocket. The car will cause you problem after problem and when you do finally catch up on the payments from the repairs it will break on you again and again.