Used 1995 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

I like it somewhat
By i like it some what

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for only a month and the engine ticks and its driving me crazy people say its a wrist pin and then they say its a rocker arm then lifter so I said what ever so I'm goin to replace the lifter and I also need to replace the exhaust system to loud but other then that I like it I guess and need to replace the back tire

it gets 30 mpg in the city and 38 on the highway

better built engines

Excellent Escort Wagon LX
By lonewlf118

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

The escort was one of the best and most reliable cars I have ever owned. It is a great utility car and rides equally as well.

I own the basic LX model and am very happy with it.

None

A great little station wagon
By JJ

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

We purchased this vehicle new in 1995 and we have kept up with the the oil changes every 3000 miles. Had only minor electrical problem in the beginning, but over all little maintenance was required. In 15 years only changed batteries, 2 set of tires and routine maintenance. Gas mileage is great in the city averages 24 on the open road averages 30.

Very roomey and lots of cargo space.

None. A great deal for the money!

My Escort
By PWRSTRKEOGRE

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

My escort was the best little two door car i've ever owned. I had a toyota corolla before and compared to the Ford Escort it was crap. It was running strong until some one beat on the hood. My battery waring light came on one day and i was drving and i was at a Wendys drive through and it died, i tried re starting it but it wouldnt turn over. I thought it was just a dead battery but it had wireing problems it said. I jump started it drove for about 1 mile and then it started to jump like you would push in the clutch then let it out while having the pedal to the metal. Ohter than that problem it has been the best vehicle ive owned and drove. Great MPG comfort and way fun to drive!!!

Make sure electrical is 100% outstanding

Best Ford I've owned yet.
By Jackie

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I bought my Ford new in 1995.It was priced right got great gas mileage still does. I've never had any problems with it only regular maintenance. Hubby wants to buy me new car I said no.Love my car..

Comfortable to drive.