Used 1995 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Most Helpful|
The Everyday Scort
By TMoney

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

The Escort LX 2dr is a nice small car for a beginner or anyone. I was surprised how well it kept up with rush hour traffic. The 1.9 liter may be a small motor but it will move. The Escort is tight in steering which is good because it handles the corners well and it's very fun and easy to drive. It's easy to park. An Escort may not be like a real high performance sports car but it's still a nice dependable car. I currently drive my car to school and work and I'm happy to say that it's a good running car. Hard acceleration is zippy. It may not be as fast as some other cars but it'll do. Now I see so many Escorts around now it's like it's a popular compact car.

Favorite Features

Sporty looking exterior, gas mileage, trunk space, quiet at idle. Can be purchased with a power moonroof and windows along with speed control and ABS brakes.

Suggested Improvements

No arm rest.

Trusted and Loved
By MAZORD

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned two Escort GTs, and I LOVED both. There peppy when you want them to be and docile when you need them to be. I have NEVER had any problems with either one, and would faithfully drive anywhere no matter the distance in my GT that has OVER 200,000 miles on it. Decent interior with lots of trunk space gotta love hatchbacks, and decent leg room. ANYBODY that has ever ridden in an old eclipse will LOVE the back seats of these cars. Anybody that wants to have a fast car, the escort is the ultimate sleeper if you want to invest some money of course. check out Ford Escort Coswoths then investigate an engine called a BPT or a BPR both direct swaps for the escorts. 12 sec quarters or faster!

Favorite Features

I love it all but automatic seat belts are a pain.

Suggested Improvements

Bring them back with the fiesta RS engine LOL that would be awesome.

great little car
By mecal1100

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

So far I have 201,000 on it and it needs a new clutch. Otherwise, I have had only minor issues. Reliability is fantastic (partly thanks to the Mazda 1.8L engine).

17 years; mint condition survivor
By mrebate

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

170,000 miles. 2nd owner for 11 years and 100K. There would be many more of these on the road if the typical owner maintained them properly. AC never serviced and still blows ice. Orig exhaust still looking good. 4FEAT auto tranny works flawlessly due to regular fluid changes. Less orange peel than many newer cars. There have been a few erratic idle issues in the past 5 years. Rebuilt head installed in 2006 due to bad lifter, and to avoid valve seat failure issue some owners mention. I have calculated the TOTAL cost to own and operate (fixed and variable expenses) will be around 22 cents per mile, EVERY cost, including insurance and registration. I perform the maintenance

Favorite Features

hatchback hauling capacity

Suggested Improvements

tie rod end undersized for this model

My Escort
By PWRSTRKEOGRE

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

My escort was the best little two door car i've ever owned. I had a toyota corolla before and compared to the Ford Escort it was crap. It was running strong until some one beat on the hood. My battery waring light came on one day and i was drving and i was at a Wendys drive through and it died, i tried re starting it but it wouldnt turn over. I thought it was just a dead battery but it had wireing problems it said. I jump started it drove for about 1 mile and then it started to jump like you would push in the clutch then let it out while having the pedal to the metal. Ohter than that problem it has been the best vehicle ive owned and drove. Great MPG comfort and way fun to drive!!!

Suggested Improvements

Make sure electrical is 100% outstanding