Used 1995 Ford Escort Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned!
By AQ

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car when I was in college. It was a Salvaged Title with only 3K miles on it. I drove it till a couple of years ago and donated it with 245K miles. NEVER HAD ANY DRIVETRAIN ISSUES! Barely changed oil every 15K miles, only problem I ever had was the alternator went bad, which I changed myself/ NO OTHER PROBLEMS. What a great car. Now I'm looking to buy another because of its reliability (for commute).

Reliability. gas mileage, and cheap cost of maintenance. What an indestructible car. I abused it every which way I could, and it still lasted.

You get what you pay for. I now own a BMW 540, so I wouldnt expect any comfort near what the Beamer has. But I was FULLY SATISFIED with what I paid for and the completely unexpected reliability that I got out of it.

Praise for the Ford Escort
By EBS

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Although many people malign Fords, I have been very happy with mine for the past 6 years. It has 138,000 miles on it, and it is still running strong.

Gas mileage.

I would like to see better exterior and interior styling; other than that, the car reliably gets me where I want to go.