Used 1995 Ford Escort LX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

My Escort
By PWRSTRKEOGRE

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

My escort was the best little two door car i've ever owned. I had a toyota corolla before and compared to the Ford Escort it was crap. It was running strong until some one beat on the hood. My battery waring light came on one day and i was drving and i was at a Wendys drive through and it died, i tried re starting it but it wouldnt turn over. I thought it was just a dead battery but it had wireing problems it said. I jump started it drove for about 1 mile and then it started to jump like you would push in the clutch then let it out while having the pedal to the metal. Ohter than that problem it has been the best vehicle ive owned and drove. Great MPG comfort and way fun to drive!!!

Make sure electrical is 100% outstanding

Great First Car
By DJ Fillman

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I got my 1995 Escort LX Sport in July of 2007 with only 47,000 miles on it. I love the gas mileage it gets and it has reasonable power. In Jan of 2008 I was rear-ended with my car coming out on top. That just shows you that Ford knows how to build cars. I only had one major problem and that was when the clutch went out with 53,000 miles on it. Other than that my car has been great.

Gas mileage, it being a 5 speed, power and torque

Different place for cupholders, better speakers to cope with the radio

The Everyday Scort
By TMoney

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

The Escort LX 2dr is a nice small car for a beginner or anyone. I was surprised how well it kept up with rush hour traffic. The 1.9 liter may be a small motor but it will move. The Escort is tight in steering which is good because it handles the corners well and it's very fun and easy to drive. It's easy to park. An Escort may not be like a real high performance sports car but it's still a nice dependable car. I currently drive my car to school and work and I'm happy to say that it's a good running car. Hard acceleration is zippy. It may not be as fast as some other cars but it'll do. Now I see so many Escorts around now it's like it's a popular compact car.

Sporty looking exterior, gas mileage, trunk space, quiet at idle. Can be purchased with a power moonroof and windows along with speed control and ABS brakes.

No arm rest.

My Pink Panther
By YanksPhish

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

My family has owned this car since '97 and have had very few problems with it. We've had no major problems. The mileage is excellent, even after 11 years. I always get at least 22 mpg, and when I drive on the highway I get 35 mpg. For this class of car I can't think of anything that I don't like about the car. Everything is set up to be user friendly by the driver. Easily viewable gauges, plenty of trunk space. There's about twice as much trunk space as many other 2 door coupes. I've never been in an accident, so I don't know how the car handles in these situations (knock on wood).

Cruise control on an Escort is very nice on those long highway drives.

I think they've made a few since this car was released...well actually they stopped making this car...now the Focus.

Great 1st or 2nd car
By Great 1st or 2nd car

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This is a great economy car that will give you very little problems. In the 2 years that I have owned the car I have driven it from 100,000 to 155,000 miles with no problems at all besides routine maintenance like oil change, new tires and battery. The car will last a long time. For the price and the fact that this is an economy car it is perfect.

Gas mileage, great handling, good speed for size of car. With care it will last a long time.

I would say power but come on people this is a economy car; if you want power get a SUV, there's plenty of cars with power out there.