1995 Ford Escort Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Trusted and Loved
By MAZORD on 07/23/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned two Escort GTs, and I LOVED both. There peppy when you want them to be and docile when you need them to be. I have NEVER had any problems with either one, and would faithfully drive anywhere no matter the distance in my GT that has OVER 200,000 miles on it. Decent interior with lots of trunk space gotta love hatchbacks, and decent leg room. ANYBODY that has ever ridden in an old eclipse will LOVE the back seats of these cars. Anybody that wants to have a fast car, the escort is the ultimate sleeper if you want to invest some money of course. check out Ford Escort Coswoths then investigate an engine called a BPT or a BPR both direct swaps for the escorts. 12 sec quarters or faster!

GT fun - big bang for the buck!
By Jack on 03/30/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned a lot of cars including classics but this little one really shines. Engine really comes to life after 2800 RPM . 15" 60's tires & sport suspension make the car stick to the pavement, especially on winding roads. Bought this for $1,700 with Pwr moon roof, wdw,locks, & CC with only 60K. 1 owner car! Replace brakes & exhaust myself. Car has been real reliable and fun. Suspension is tight unlike reg Escorts so you'll feel the bumps a bit. Not the most refined drive train, but like I said fun to drive, and has guts! Very decent on gas & burns regular. So, what more do you want for the price. Great on the Hwy too! If you can find a good GT, buy it. They're hard to find!

It's fast and a joy to ride
By Anton on 05/19/05 08:12 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Escort GT (manual transmission). Love the suspension which is pretty stiff. Also, when purchasing an old GT, look out for engine mounts, transmission mounts, and front and back shock mounts. They tend to go bad and for a better ride you might need to change them. Engine is perfect, Just so you know this is a Mazda engine and '92-'97 Mazda Miata has the same engine. It is noisy, but if you open the window at slow speeds you could hear the stock exhaust. Good bang for a buck. The ONLY used Escort worth considering buying is the GT with a manual tranny.

I love my GT
By A.J. on 12/14/04 09:35 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

My Escort GT has been an excellent car for nearly ten years. It is fun to drive plus I can throw just about anything in the back. I feel it's as functional as an SUV but much more fun to drive.

great car
By alman on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

i had this car my junior and senior year of highschool. it starts up every mourning and never had to worry about it breaking down. All the times i wrecked it due to teenage stupidity, i thought it would break down very soon. but surprisingly it never gave me too much problems. it handled great on any driving conditions. it revs up when you need it to.(all the wat to 7000rpm) It always felt as It had wiped out many wanna be fast cars.

Great Bang for the Buck
By talford1 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The Escort has to be one of the most bulletproof designs Ford ever put on the road. The GT ups the ante and makes an econobox into a really fun package. The interior comfort is great. My car has over 120,000 on the odo and I drove it straight from Florida to Michigan with no discomfort. Great seats. Some of the items are indicative of an earlier mindset (i.e. cupholders that are only large enough to hold a can), but the interior is still roomy and functional. You can't beat a hatchback for functionality. This thing swallows just about anything with the seats folded down.

1995 Escort GT
By Young Ma Hubbard on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car from a friend. It had been wrecked but I got it for a good price and it only had 20000 miles on it. Years later it has 101250 miles it and it is still going strong. It has a powerful automatic transmission. I have had to do little maintenance on this car. My kids are grown now and the only negative thing I can say is there isn't a lot of leg room for folks stuck riding in the back seat.

The greatest compact sport car
By Lunchbox on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

to start off. i love my escort gt. its the most wornderful car to drive. it's really quick when you want the power it's there. handles great. i do plan on making it handle better by putting some strut bars in front and back, and makeing it a little more powerful but i love it. it's a perfect sleeper i guarentee it'll beat a '97 honda civic ex coupe.

Ford Escort 1995 2 Dr HatchBack
By Khan on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Its a very nice car, a powerful baby u can depend upon. Got a good road grip, nice steeting, powerful roaring engine & with manual shifting its way too coooool.

I LOVE MY CAR!!!! :)
By chikinblack on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This is an awesome car. Hands down. I was fairly worried when I first bought her, I love to travel and she was already at 54,000 miles, which gave me doubts to how long she'd last. I'm now at 88,000 miles and the only thing I've done to her is change the timing belt. The engine is great, you hit the pedal and you're gone. And 340 miles later you have to fill the tank. What more could you want? I've had no exterior/interior problems other than the belt, and I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something peppy, reliable, gas efficient, and a LOT of fun :) Two thumbs WAY up. Why did Ford have to take them away? :(