Used 1995 Ford Escort LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Maybe My First Car but, Never Going to Give it Up!
By germanlover01

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

This car is an excellent car to own! Gotta love it! It's very realiable little car. Has a nice smooth ride as well as an easy car to shift whereas many other cars are harder. She is the most wonderful car ever. The battery in mine lasted seven years! On that day that it died she got me all the way to my destination on absolutely no charge! This car will give it all it's got to do what it has to do. No joke.

Comfortable seating, short front ended. I gotta say I love the rack on top even though I've only used it once in the many years... used it when helping a friend move and put her futon frame on top. It has great Gas mileage.

I have no complaints for this car it's a wonderful car.

1995 escort wagon Automatic
By r0b2012

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it used with 240000 km for $900 replaced inner tie rod because previos owner hit the curb. replaced exhaust pipe because I lent it to a friend and he went over a railroad track to hard. heater core leaked , so I cut a hole in the firewall and replaced it in an hour. Had trasmission filter changed without flushing just because its never been done. had to tighten up rocker box covers by puting in shorter bolts to stop oil leakage. I think the timing belt was replaced at 200000 km's Always starts on cold days -30 not plugged in. 30+ mpg or 25 city. everything else is original including spark plugs regular oil changes every 5000 km We have 2 kids in boosters Still going at 300000km.

Excellent Escort Wagon LX
By lonewlf118

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

The escort was one of the best and most reliable cars I have ever owned. It is a great utility car and rides equally as well.

I own the basic LX model and am very happy with it.

None

A great little station wagon
By JJ

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

We purchased this vehicle new in 1995 and we have kept up with the the oil changes every 3000 miles. Had only minor electrical problem in the beginning, but over all little maintenance was required. In 15 years only changed batteries, 2 set of tires and routine maintenance. Gas mileage is great in the city averages 24 on the open road averages 30.

Very roomey and lots of cargo space.

None. A great deal for the money!

Best Ford I've owned yet.
By Jackie

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I bought my Ford new in 1995.It was priced right got great gas mileage still does. I've never had any problems with it only regular maintenance. Hubby wants to buy me new car I said no.Love my car..

Comfortable to drive.