1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
I like it somewhat
By i like it some what on 03/19/10 12:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for only a month and the engine ticks and its driving me crazy people say its a wrist pin and then they say its a rocker arm then lifter so I said what ever so I'm goin to replace the lifter and I also need to replace the exhaust system to loud but other then that I like it I guess and need to replace the back tire

1995 Ford Escort 4dr sedan
By thumper7 on 06/10/07 14:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

This car gets great gas mileage and is pretty comfortable. The performance is OK. It takes a while to accelerate, but it turns good. Great for a first car or an extra

Good basic car with basic problems
By Rich on 09/05/06 13:09 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

This is the third Escort I have owned. I have kept all for a long, long time. And this will be the last. Each seems to have taken a step down in quality. Strange engine creaks and rattles still plague this car. There was missing weatherstripping from day one, so the window leaks. And now, the exterior trim is peeling. There's no lip on the edge of the windshield, so when you use the washers it sprays in the driver's window. I've replaced most of the parts (including a FUEL TANK!) and hope the car lasts a few more months till I gather the cash to buy a new one. After this experience (and with another Ford) it will NOT be a Ford. Quality like this, no wonder they're in trouble.

great first car!
By pacothechihuahua01 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

When I had just turned 16 I asked dad for help getting a car. He didn't tell me but went out and bought a 95 escort that was a company car and had 153000 miles on it. To top it off it was purple. I wasn't crazy about the color but i was glad to have my own wheels. I no longer have this car because it finally died, but i can't complain since it had over 200,000 miles on it, not sure of actual milage because odometer broke and i have to get a new one that read 100k less than what i had on it. great car, few problems , inner tie rods. brakes!

No Problems with This Car
By Kevins432 on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 9+ years with only normal maintenance (oil,filters,air-filter and such). It has performed wonderfully. When I purchased it I wanted a small,reliable car and that is what I got. I could not be happier with my purchase.

Not to shabby for a compact
By ChevyMan on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I am only 16 and this is my first car. Dad bought it because it was $300 expecting to do hardly anything to it but someone street raced it and it was stolen therefore we had to buy a new clutch, ignition, door lock, spark plugs, tires and speed sensor(thanks to potholes in west virginia that busted both front tires and sensor). It had pretty much brand new brakes on it but they must be cheap because I have hit them hard a few times and they just dont grap hard enough but the pedal is nice and stiff. It can handle like a dream since the guy upgraded the struts and it can do 60mph on a 25mph rated on ramp(thats the fastest i have tried). 32-45mpg

I love my Escort
By Escort Lover on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

What an outstanding vehicle! This is the second Escort we have owned and this one has been even better than the last one. Currently showing 115K on the clock. Maintenance schedule has been: change the brakes, oil, sparkplugs and air filter -- nothing else. Only non-predicted failure has been alternator and battery at 110K -- $200. Timing belt went at 90K should have been changed at 60K anyway. Total repair bill $240. The car needs no oil between changes still returns 32-36 mpg. Basically, the car has been a dream. The only visit to the dealership in 7- years was for the timing belt. What more can one ask for in a vehicle?

Best money I ever spent
By sgriffin on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

This car is our 3rd Escort and we recently purchased another to make 4! We have changed the oil and serviced it. That is it. It gets 36-40 mpg and is the most dependable car I have ever owned. It's easy to park and corners on a dime. I love my car!

would buy another one
By car trader on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine at auction 5 months ago for $900. The car was fairly trashed by the previous owner, but I was looking for something cheap and good on gas. It has 132,000 miles and still runs strong. Leaks a little oil and antifreeze but it still gets 35+ mpg running back and forth to work. Shame it wasn't taken care of, but I'll run it till it drops and find another one. The A/C is awesome, a must for living in the south.

A Great Car
By MyRoomie on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 5 years. I've replaced the battery, the timing belt, the radiator (only because I never flushed it), the tires, and the plugs. Otherwise, this has been an outstanding vehicle to own and operate. I highly recommend this for a college student or teen's first car.