1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
My Escort
By PWRSTRKEOGRE on 06/05/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

My escort was the best little two door car i've ever owned. I had a toyota corolla before and compared to the Ford Escort it was crap. It was running strong until some one beat on the hood. My battery waring light came on one day and i was drving and i was at a Wendys drive through and it died, i tried re starting it but it wouldnt turn over. I thought it was just a dead battery but it had wireing problems it said. I jump started it drove for about 1 mile and then it started to jump like you would push in the clutch then let it out while having the pedal to the metal. Ohter than that problem it has been the best vehicle ive owned and drove. Great MPG comfort and way fun to drive!!!

Great First Car
By DJ Fillman on 10/03/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I got my 1995 Escort LX Sport in July of 2007 with only 47,000 miles on it. I love the gas mileage it gets and it has reasonable power. In Jan of 2008 I was rear-ended with my car coming out on top. That just shows you that Ford knows how to build cars. I only had one major problem and that was when the clutch went out with 53,000 miles on it. Other than that my car has been great.

The Everyday Scort
By TMoney on 03/01/07 21:01 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

The Escort LX 2dr is a nice small car for a beginner or anyone. I was surprised how well it kept up with rush hour traffic. The 1.9 liter may be a small motor but it will move. The Escort is tight in steering which is good because it handles the corners well and it's very fun and easy to drive. It's easy to park. An Escort may not be like a real high performance sports car but it's still a nice dependable car. I currently drive my car to school and work and I'm happy to say that it's a good running car. Hard acceleration is zippy. It may not be as fast as some other cars but it'll do. Now I see so many Escorts around now it's like it's a popular compact car.

My Pink Panther
By YanksPhish on 04/30/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

My family has owned this car since '97 and have had very few problems with it. We've had no major problems. The mileage is excellent, even after 11 years. I always get at least 22 mpg, and when I drive on the highway I get 35 mpg. For this class of car I can't think of anything that I don't like about the car. Everything is set up to be user friendly by the driver. Easily viewable gauges, plenty of trunk space. There's about twice as much trunk space as many other 2 door coupes. I've never been in an accident, so I don't know how the car handles in these situations (knock on wood).

Great 1st or 2nd car
By Great 1st or 2nd car on 06/13/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

This is a great economy car that will give you very little problems. In the 2 years that I have owned the car I have driven it from 100,000 to 155,000 miles with no problems at all besides routine maintenance like oil change, new tires and battery. The car will last a long time. For the price and the fact that this is an economy car it is perfect.

Well it got to me to and form work
By FunkySaceCowboy on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

Always started, nothing in the drivetrain ever broke in the 15 months I owned it. Cargo space and flexibility sold me on the hatchback design for future cars. Great milage. Bad points: Noisey, bad sound system, very uncomfortable for longer (30 minutes) trips. Lots of interior features were broken: auto-seatbelts, hi-beam switch, rear defrost button (fell into dash), thermostat etc... Ford seemed to put a lot of effort into building a reliable, low maintenance drivetrain in the Escort this year but really cheaped out on the interior bits and driver comfort features. It never ceased to remind me that I was driving an economy car.

Unbelievable, except I lived it
By Exgweagle on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I have driven lots of similar cars from the competition, but they do not compare. Ford did it right with this one! The belts were to last 100k, but gave out at 199950...close enough for me. Change the oil evry 3k and she purrs like a kitten. Thank you ford for making Quality Job 1! At 166,750 now and still charging! Hope all my cars work like this from now on!!!

'95 Scort
By DeathSlinger00 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

i have owned my 2-door LX for over two years now, and have put many miles on it. this car is very fun to drive, and is rather reliable. although it's highly underestimated, it does has some kick (with 88hp). if i ever trade it in, it will be for a 2nd gen GT... mainly because i love the body style, but would like to have a faster engine in it.

a highly UNDERATED hatchback
By chavez82 on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

What more can i say other than WOW!!! ford did a really good job with this one.....hats off!!!! i bought my car as a senior in hs back in '99 and love it. it started with 65000 and now has 120000 and the only major repair i had was the tranny.....but that was because this summer i went back and forth to cali from ND 4 times(that is 2000 one way to LB from Jmst). other than that no problems even with a 2000watt system tapped into the electrical system. also the hatchback design works perfectly with a system. sounds great!!!!!!

better paint job
By lenln59 on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

poor paint job! i bought the car in 1996 brand new,but by the third year the paint on the bumpers started to faid and rigt now the sunvisors are falling apart. i had no major problems . recently i changed timing belt and i have another problem with it, it's shaking when idle and on the freeway.