Used 1995 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

great little car
By mecal1100

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

So far I have 201,000 on it and it needs a new clutch. Otherwise, I have had only minor issues. Reliability is fantastic (partly thanks to the Mazda 1.8L engine).

Maybe My First Car but, Never Going to Give it Up!
By germanlover01

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

This car is an excellent car to own! Gotta love it! It's very realiable little car. Has a nice smooth ride as well as an easy car to shift whereas many other cars are harder. She is the most wonderful car ever. The battery in mine lasted seven years! On that day that it died she got me all the way to my destination on absolutely no charge! This car will give it all it's got to do what it has to do. No joke.

Comfortable seating, short front ended. I gotta say I love the rack on top even though I've only used it once in the many years... used it when helping a friend move and put her futon frame on top. It has great Gas mileage.

I have no complaints for this car it's a wonderful car.

1995 escort wagon Automatic
By r0b2012

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it used with 240000 km for $900 replaced inner tie rod because previos owner hit the curb. replaced exhaust pipe because I lent it to a friend and he went over a railroad track to hard. heater core leaked , so I cut a hole in the firewall and replaced it in an hour. Had trasmission filter changed without flushing just because its never been done. had to tighten up rocker box covers by puting in shorter bolts to stop oil leakage. I think the timing belt was replaced at 200000 km's Always starts on cold days -30 not plugged in. 30+ mpg or 25 city. everything else is original including spark plugs regular oil changes every 5000 km We have 2 kids in boosters Still going at 300000km.

17 years; mint condition survivor
By mrebate

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

170,000 miles. 2nd owner for 11 years and 100K. There would be many more of these on the road if the typical owner maintained them properly. AC never serviced and still blows ice. Orig exhaust still looking good. 4FEAT auto tranny works flawlessly due to regular fluid changes. Less orange peel than many newer cars. There have been a few erratic idle issues in the past 5 years. Rebuilt head installed in 2006 due to bad lifter, and to avoid valve seat failure issue some owners mention. I have calculated the TOTAL cost to own and operate (fixed and variable expenses) will be around 22 cents per mile, EVERY cost, including insurance and registration. I perform the maintenance

hatchback hauling capacity

tie rod end undersized for this model

Trusted and Loved
By MAZORD

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned two Escort GTs, and I LOVED both. There peppy when you want them to be and docile when you need them to be. I have NEVER had any problems with either one, and would faithfully drive anywhere no matter the distance in my GT that has OVER 200,000 miles on it. Decent interior with lots of trunk space gotta love hatchbacks, and decent leg room. ANYBODY that has ever ridden in an old eclipse will LOVE the back seats of these cars. Anybody that wants to have a fast car, the escort is the ultimate sleeper if you want to invest some money of course. check out Ford Escort Coswoths then investigate an engine called a BPT or a BPR both direct swaps for the escorts. 12 sec quarters or faster!

I love it all but automatic seat belts are a pain.

Bring them back with the fiesta RS engine LOL that would be awesome.