1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Maybe My First Car but, Never Going to Give it Up!
By germanlover01 on 04/08/14 17:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

This car is an excellent car to own! Gotta love it! It's very realiable little car. Has a nice smooth ride as well as an easy car to shift whereas many other cars are harder. She is the most wonderful car ever. The battery in mine lasted seven years! On that day that it died she got me all the way to my destination on absolutely no charge! This car will give it all it's got to do what it has to do. No joke.

1995 escort wagon Automatic
By r0b2012 on 11/25/12 10:25 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it used with 240000 km for $900 replaced inner tie rod because previos owner hit the curb. replaced exhaust pipe because I lent it to a friend and he went over a railroad track to hard. heater core leaked , so I cut a hole in the firewall and replaced it in an hour. Had trasmission filter changed without flushing just because its never been done. had to tighten up rocker box covers by puting in shorter bolts to stop oil leakage. I think the timing belt was replaced at 200000 km's Always starts on cold days -30 not plugged in. 30+ mpg or 25 city. everything else is original including spark plugs regular oil changes every 5000 km We have 2 kids in boosters Still going at 300000km.

17 years; mint condition survivor
By mrebate on 08/06/12 12:02 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

170,000 miles. 2nd owner for 11 years and 100K. There would be many more of these on the road if the typical owner maintained them properly. AC never serviced and still blows ice. Orig exhaust still looking good. 4FEAT auto tranny works flawlessly due to regular fluid changes. Less orange peel than many newer cars. There have been a few erratic idle issues in the past 5 years. Rebuilt head installed in 2006 due to bad lifter, and to avoid valve seat failure issue some owners mention. I have calculated the TOTAL cost to own and operate (fixed and variable expenses) will be around 22 cents per mile, EVERY cost, including insurance and registration. I perform the maintenance

Trusted and Loved
By MAZORD on 07/23/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned two Escort GTs, and I LOVED both. There peppy when you want them to be and docile when you need them to be. I have NEVER had any problems with either one, and would faithfully drive anywhere no matter the distance in my GT that has OVER 200,000 miles on it. Decent interior with lots of trunk space gotta love hatchbacks, and decent leg room. ANYBODY that has ever ridden in an old eclipse will LOVE the back seats of these cars. Anybody that wants to have a fast car, the escort is the ultimate sleeper if you want to invest some money of course. check out Ford Escort Coswoths then investigate an engine called a BPT or a BPR both direct swaps for the escorts. 12 sec quarters or faster!

I like it somewhat
By i like it some what on 03/19/10 12:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for only a month and the engine ticks and its driving me crazy people say its a wrist pin and then they say its a rocker arm then lifter so I said what ever so I'm goin to replace the lifter and I also need to replace the exhaust system to loud but other then that I like it I guess and need to replace the back tire

Excellent Escort Wagon LX
By lonewlf118 on 06/22/09 05:52 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

The escort was one of the best and most reliable cars I have ever owned. It is a great utility car and rides equally as well.

A great little station wagon
By JJ on 06/17/09 20:21 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

We purchased this vehicle new in 1995 and we have kept up with the the oil changes every 3000 miles. Had only minor electrical problem in the beginning, but over all little maintenance was required. In 15 years only changed batteries, 2 set of tires and routine maintenance. Gas mileage is great in the city averages 24 on the open road averages 30.

My Escort
By PWRSTRKEOGRE on 06/05/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

My escort was the best little two door car i've ever owned. I had a toyota corolla before and compared to the Ford Escort it was crap. It was running strong until some one beat on the hood. My battery waring light came on one day and i was drving and i was at a Wendys drive through and it died, i tried re starting it but it wouldnt turn over. I thought it was just a dead battery but it had wireing problems it said. I jump started it drove for about 1 mile and then it started to jump like you would push in the clutch then let it out while having the pedal to the metal. Ohter than that problem it has been the best vehicle ive owned and drove. Great MPG comfort and way fun to drive!!!

Best Ford I've owned yet.
By Jackie on 04/01/09 23:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I bought my Ford new in 1995.It was priced right got great gas mileage still does. I've never had any problems with it only regular maintenance. Hubby wants to buy me new car I said no.Love my car..

A Great Compact Car
By Paul Cox on 01/10/09 13:18 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I bought the car with 62k and it now has 122k. I've owned it for 7 years. I change the oil and filter every 4,000 miles. Other than normal maintenance items, I've replaced the timing belt, cooling fan, gas tank filler pipe, alternator, battery and front brake pads. The gas mileage is between 35-39 mpg. By far, this is the most economical and dependable car I've ever owned! I'm 63 years old and will never part with it!