1994 Ford Escort Consumer Review: Great first car!

1994 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great first car!
By Bryan on

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

This car was given to me last June and has been an exceptional first car. It was in great condition and still is. For an 11-year-old car, I am impressed by how well the A/C and heat work. It can be loud, and it loses a lot of power going uphill, but that's a small engine for you. Last summer, my mom and I went from KY to NY state with lots of luggage and the A/C running, but it did not miss a beat. It said it was hot, but it didn't seem to be. Everything works except delayed wiper feature. I've only replaced a battery connector. It is also surprisingly good in snow. I'm impressed with this Ford, but I'll probably go Toyota next time. It may have a few flaws, but it is still a nice car.

CD player (aftermarket), folding back seats, interior design, variable intermittent wipers, surprisingly excellent and fast heat and A/C, great gas mileage, power mirrors.

Less rattly interior, more comfortable seats, less noise, slightly better engine cooling system.