1994 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Escort are excellent
By RSnchz on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I never thought this car was going to be a good buy, but it has taken my family all around the country with no problems.

MY GIRL
By GLORY on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

I HAVE OWN THIS CAR FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS AND I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS. THIS CAR HAVE SERVED ME WELL. OF COURSE I WAS THE ONLY DRIVER OF THIS CAR. THIS CAR WAS JUST THE RIGHT SIZE FOR ME.

94 Escort
By 94fordman on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

this car is not a bad car to drive

I Love My Racescort!
By KarenD on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

I bought my 'Scort while in college a few years ago, and she paid for herself several times over - what a deal! All repairs were minor and due to regular wear and tear. I replaced the clutch once (it was the original), and other than tires that was my only big expense. She gets great gas milage, and she's fun to drive, too. I've never known a more reliable vehicle.

I want another one!
By wondrme on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

We purchased this car in Dec96 w/ 50k miles on it. Now, in Jan03, the car has 118k miles on it and runs nearly as good as the day we got it!! The 5 speed manual transmission has never been a problem, clutch is still tight. Only had new pads put on around 80k miles. New pulley @ around 70k ($129). New timing belt @ 80k as well. Other than that, we've only done routine maintenance. A/C & heat still run perfectly!! My brother's old escort has nearly 300k miles on it. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a cheap, reliable compact car!

It's not quite perfect
By BA on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I'ts a long lasting car. Acceleration is poor and only seems better during night time. Does not do well against hills. The most gradual hills will cause the car to deaccelerate even when the gas pedal is pushed all the way down. Burns gas quickly and the gas reader begins to shake. The speedometer stick shakes when reaching speeds over 70. The car also lidles too high; it goes 10 miles and hour when just put into gear with automatics. Radiator uses a lot of coolant and often leaks when parked. For some strange reason the car actually keeps on truckin'.

It's not quite perfect
By ba on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Impresive Great Car
By IOM on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the second 1994 Escort GT I owned. Both cars have been simply great. I could not resist buying in OCT/2001 my second '94 GT, it only had 40,800 miles. Today JAN/2003 the car is 9 years old and 50,400 miles and in perfect condition. So far I only replaced the original Goodyear GT+4 tires for excellent Goodyear Aquatred 3. I got new ceramic brake pads (no black dust!) on all wheels. My only complaint is that the driver power window is working slow, probably an early indication of failure. It is a lot of fun to see how many new 4 cylinder cars still fall behind my GT when drag racing.

Biggest Bang for the Buck
By Dawey on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

I bought my EGT in early 2001 and loved every moment I owned it (up untill a TAXI wrote it off, you bastard). The car is a BLAST to drive (if you drive it normally your happy, if you like to have a bit of FUN with your car then you'll be laughing, Trust me). The car accelerates VERY good for a compact (thanks to the Mazda engine) and it handles very well (thanks to 4 wheel independent suspension). Braking is phenomenal (thanks to 4 wheel disc brakes). All in all, if your gonna buy one, look to see if it was taken care of (oil changes, regular maintenance, and stuff like that). Take care of it if your get one and you won't be disappointed. Trust me.

FORD
By Drives'em Fast! on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car back in august for 1200. This was my first car, and i didn't expect much from a ford. All the car needed was new brakes, sounded like a school bus coming down the street. After that, it runs great. 5 Speed manual trans. gives good acceration, especially for a 4 banger, execpt with ac on!