Used 1994 Ford Escort LX Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Escort Wagon

LX 1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (16 reviews )

1994 Ford Escort LX Sport
By X. March

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I recently took the car to the mechanic for a periodic full check up. My mechanic volunteered the following unsolicited comment: "I wouldn't think twice about taking this car across country. It is in such a good shape." This experience reflects my feelings about the car and my experience with it: "Not a single real problem in all these twelve plus years!". I chose the car because of (1) its fuel economy, (2) its ample room for either people or for loading shopping, (3) its comfort for unloading or loading because: of low back door and back seat down option, and (4) its sporty look. It turned out that to this I should add (a) its dependability and (b) its reliability.

Favorite Features

(A) Fuel economy, (B) Its flexibility to either transport people or shopping loads, furniture, etc., it all fits in!

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control. CD deck. Power windows.

I liked it until...
By x2b4

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This car has been fine since I bought it, but with only 55,000 miles the darn thing died on me last week. The poorly made engine had a problem with a cylinder head, and now the thing is dead.

Favorite Features

Cargo space definitely, and manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Build it more solidly and make better engines.

Nice little wagon
By Eric

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

We purchased our Escort wagon used, with approximately 35K miles, from a local Toyota dealer. It was my wife's daily driver for seven years and it never gave her a problem. Two years ago it became my stepson's car and it continues to be an economical and reliable vehicle. With regular maintenance, a Ford Escort of this vintage will reward you as an economical and fun-to-drive car. Our car has needed the typical replacement items over the years such as brake pads, batteries, plugs, and bulbs. Unfortunately, I also had to replace the heater core recently (which is a monstrous job), marring an otherwise excellent history of reliability. Overall, our Escort has been a great little car.

most reliable car I've ever owned
By dot29

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

At 200k+ miles, this ten-yr.-old wagon still runs like a champ. Apart from normal maintenance, it has not required any big-ticket repairs. No frills, but good heat/AC, good cargo space, and surprising get-up-and-go. Perfect for errands around town.

Very Good Car
By dspruill4

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I had bought these car in 2000. I have not had anything go wrong, except for the battery. Very good car

Favorite Features

I like the radio and the it handles

Suggested Improvements

No Improvements!