1994 Ford Escort 1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

1994 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

LX Wagon (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
dependable/ good value
By island rose on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I get 28-34 mpg, have had very few mechanical problems, good stability in difficult, almost accidents. very inexpensive transportation for cost per miles, including purchase price. Has lots of room for hauling things around.

Escort are excellent
By RSnchz on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I never thought this car was going to be a good buy, but it has taken my family all around the country with no problems.

I want another one!
By wondrme on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

We purchased this car in Dec96 w/ 50k miles on it. Now, in Jan03, the car has 118k miles on it and runs nearly as good as the day we got it!! The 5 speed manual transmission has never been a problem, clutch is still tight. Only had new pads put on around 80k miles. New pulley @ around 70k ($129). New timing belt @ 80k as well. Other than that, we've only done routine maintenance. A/C & heat still run perfectly!! My brother's old escort has nearly 300k miles on it. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a cheap, reliable compact car!

simple says it all
By daman on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

if you're looking for a great little second car this is the one. space for groceries and a kid or two. good a/c,good gas mi and ok ride.for the price you couldn't ask for more.

Warning...
By Mr Smooth1 on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I bought this '94 Escort wagon (70K) in '98 for my High school daughter. At 90K we lost the AC and paid about $1200 to replace. Since 95K, I've had it in the shop continually with engine troubles. At 103K mi, an $85 diagnostic revealed a dead cylinder due to a burnt valve...needs a $1000 valve job. I sold it to a mechanic for $500. I suspect that my daughter burned up the engine (driving too fast, accelerating too fast, passing, gunning the engine) although I kept the oil changed every 3000 mi. I'm replacing the Wagon with a '98 Escort LX sedan (47K mi), but this time I'm getting a 5 speed. I expect the AC will fail around 80K.

Happy with my Escort.
By mracko on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

This car has acceleration for passing and gets better mileage than I was expecting. 32 to 38 in the city and as high as 44 on the highway. Overall it has been a very reliable vehicle