Used 1994 Ford Escort Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Escort Wagon - Consumer Reviews

LX 1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (16 reviews )

1994 Ford Escort - Automatic
By parkspro

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I've been driving this car for awhile, and it works wonders. I've never had any problems with it, and it holds up to regular wear-and-tear very well. It's lasted for 97k miles, and from what I've seen with friends (and the one my family used to have), It'll last for over double that. I'd recommend this for anyone that needs a bit more room than your average sedan or coupe, but still want over 30mpg. (There is no option for the Automatic version, so I had to put it under the 5-speed one.)

94 Wagon
By TAZKBJR

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

My dad bought this car from my grandmother when she got a new one in October 2004. I have been driving it now for 2 years (riding in it since July 94, when it was bought!) this is an awesome car for how old it is! Also, it has less than 60,000 miles on it. When my dad bought it, it had like 35,000. In 6 years, we have put on close to 35,000. I love this car. It's very easy to drive, and great on gas. 24/29 mpg. May not be the "coolest" or "most hot" looking car. But it has held up for me. Only problem is. Had to replace fuel pump, tank vents, evap. solenoid. Other than that. It still runs great! My sister gets it once I get a new car. Oh no! :)

seats are comfy nice size back seat driver sits up higher to see over the hood big area to see out the back

Well, considering Ford no longer makes this car. I don't know why they stopped it. My suggestions don't really matter. But I don't think that I really have any. The car is 16 years old and runs wonderfully!

Great little car
By John

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I bought this used with 40k in 1997 and it now has 230k. A very reliable car. There is no new car that gets 39MPG hwy and is as functional at such a low cost to own. I appreciate that most features are manual (5spd, windows, heater/ac controls) yet still has many conveniences that were very well thought out (see below). I'm glad it DOESN'T have annoying modern features like automatic dome lights (did I leave that on???) and automated door locks (did my car just lock me out???) I always fixed problems and changed oil at 3000mi and the engine still runs strong. Needs shocks which are expensive and is getting rusty in places from northern winters so this might be the end of the road.

MPG!! Was 39hwy, now 34. Well thought out cabin. Radio stays on when turning off the ignition one click but then TURNS OFF with the second click. Ignition light, hood light, rear wiper, power mirrors, smooth ride, relatively quiet cabin, tracks VERY well and requires very little correction.

tilt/telescope steering, center arm rest, manual seat raise/lower (Focus now has this), more lumbar support. Tie rod ends wore out quickly but replacements aren't too expensive. Be sure to replace the timing belt every 100k as regular maintenance or you will be sorry.

Reliable than its looks like
By krgr

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in 2006 with 88K and owned it for about 3 yrs. I never had any major problem with it, so reliable. Excellent on gas. I got about 36-38 mpg consistancly on highway. Very inexpensive to buy and maintain. So much comfortable handling stuff like furniture, groceries etc with its fold down second row.

Roomy interior, Reliability and Gas Economy

250,000 miles and still going
By Jan

1994 Ford Escort Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I love my wagon. Never anything major gone wrong. It is a 5 speed manual and still has original clutch. Yep, the ol' gal has been a trooper. I'm thinking of getting a new vehicle now but I will not get rid of my old faithful. I never would have beleived when I bought this car new that it would reach 250K miles. What a car!

Have you heard the saying about stuffing 10 pounds of potatoes into a 5 pound bag? Well, that is the way this little wagon is. I have won bets with people that would not believe me when I told them how much I could haul in this little wagon. Big sometimes does come in small packages.

How can you improve on anything so reliable? After 14 years of getting me around, I wouldn't change a thing.