Used 1994 Ford Escort Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Escort Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Just keeps going
By cracker

1994 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

I bought my escort in 2004 with 111.000 miles on it, currently has 172.000 on it and all i can say is it has been one heck of a car, some of my trouble areas was the pump in the transmission went out at 118.000 miles which caused the whole transmission to have to be rebuilt, which if i would have replaced the pump when it started whining it may still be original idk. the a/c and heat have stopped working, but other than that the car just keeps running, no leaks, doesn't use oil, i let the car set for 1 and a half years just got it back on the road a few weeks and runs as good as ever,no problems. but i really like my 'scort and would buy another one.

looks, comfortable on trips and joy riding, reliability, rides excellent

Better heating and a/c system. Better transmission. Better mpg

Most reliable car I've ever owned
By petz

1994 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

By the time I had to give her up,she had almost 300,000 miles on her. Like a member of the family. Never failed to start, got me everywhere I wanted to go in all kinds of weather, like a mountain goat. My son finally wore out the clutch and the wife didn't understand why I'd want to pay out more than the car was worth to fix it. I still miss that car.

Dependability, gas mileage, durability. She once hauled a 200+ pound air jockey table on top of the rack.

Plastic seatbelt clips on the floor broke.

Fun but UGLY
By Jalop

1994 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

i havent owned the vehicle long, but it has been in my family since it was less than a year old. has been very very reliable. survived 4 wrecks. the a/c went out and requires about $350 in repairs to get it fixed. most everything in the a/c went out at the same time. it has to be one of the ugliest cars i have ever owned. horrible interior design.

honestly the only feature i like about the car is the fact that it is a manual transmission. other than that nothing special.

drive it only after dark, they are ugly! have fun with them if you have to be seen in it during the day. they are sort of quick and i have outran hondas and some other imports

Fun car
By eric

1994 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Love this little car. Wish I still had it. Hit a deer. Still driveable but looked like crap. Bought the car in 1999 with 54,000 miles and drove it till 170,000 mile when I got rid of it. Best car I ever had. Fast little thing also. Only Grand Am or Grand Prix I could find that could keep up was the one with the supercharged motor. All the others fell behind. The only problem I had was brakes, ball joints, cluch, rear bearings. All replaced once. Lost third gear in trans, never did get it fixed. I just went from second to fourth. I would tell anyone to get the GT. Do not get the auto, go form the manual

Quick, fun to drive. looking for another one.

Better cup holders

boring economical car
By john

1994 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

this car is only for point A to point B driving. every thing elsle on it is boring. its performance sucks. At high speeds it vibrates and its does not hug the corners like I wish it would. one day i was on the freeway and decided to try to keep up with a pretty new BMW m3, I did but it was hard as heck. so basicaly this car is for economical driving only not for performance or fun to drive car.

gas milage