1993 Ford Escort Consumer Review: Love My Wagon

1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

LX Wagon (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love My Wagon
By LoveMyWagon on

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I've had my navy blue wagon since I drove it off of the dealer's lot. This car has never left me stranded. Replaced heater core (leaking coolant in '99 $400), and the ignition ('03 $200). The ignition gave out when I was at PepBoy's so, I wasn't really stranded... Other than these items and routine maintenance, everything else is original. The A/C still blows ice cold air during hot TX summers, never serviced. I've since bought a new car but couldn't bare to trade it in. In fact, I drive this car more than my new minivan. ODO - 114K.

Dependable, good gas mileage, low maintenance cost, and 4-star front and side crash rating. Safety feature: thanks to the peeling black plastic seals, no one will steal my wagon.

I must agree on the black seal on top of doors and the cup holders. I've spilled too many drinks from taking sharp turns as well. Cloth on sun visors are coming apart from the hot Texas sun.