I'm now a Ford man!
By Bradley on
1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan
I bought my 93 sedan with 65k on the clock and now have 76k+. I get 40 mpg around town and 48 on the hwy. It is a manual! I'm 6'1" and find the car adequately comfortable for 500+ mile trips to VA from NY state. Plan a trip to see friends in San Antonio TX this winter. The car feels brand new, smells new and the body is sharp. That is great considering all the salt on NY state roads in winter. It handles great in snow with care. Cold or hot weather no problem. Never owned a ford but love this car. My 70 year old mother loves it too. The fold down seats are handy. The insurance rates are great on it. Not flashy but I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I just need to think of a name for her. RUBY?
Favorite Features
I love the reliability and great fuel mileage. Dealers rave about 30mpg on newer cars. Can't beat my Escort's 40-48mpg. Sound system is very nice. I love the trunk size and fold down seats. The roll down windows please me...less to go wrong. Handles well and acceleration is fun. Driver seat is comfy.
Suggested Improvements
Wish you still made them. Sometimes placing into reverse gear is stiff. I believe there is no synchromesh. That would benefit the driver greatly. The AC sometimes drains the get up and go. Glove box latch doesn't always catch. Odd size mug holders, though with a manual transmission drinking coffee can be hard!