Used 1993 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Wish I could keep it forever
By Louiza

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

A great little car. It would be even better if I had not taken it to horrible places such as All Tune and Lube in Fairfax. They fixed one thing and destroyed another...Having a great mechanic is important, and I think with the help of one, the Ford Escort 93 can keep going and going and going.

Alaska owned
By anchmike

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I have been very pleased with this car. I am an active outdoor enthusiast and have taken this car places where others with two wheel drive wouldn't go. The front wheel drive is excellent. I have had virtually noproblems with this car until recently when it started missing. Turns out the plugs and wiring and timing belt were all still original and should have ben replaced 30,000 miles ago anyway! So now that it has been it is running great again.

small but mighty
By chsmn

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

car came from michigan. on way back the car averaged approx. 35 mpg. since i've had it has been back and forth to west virginia. my wife drives it every day, to and from work and personal use. it is an absolute incredable car. overall a complete two thumbs up! i don't intend to get rid of it.

my favorite features are: great fuel mileage and very fun to drive for a small wagon.

i'm very pleased with this car. no improvements needed.

More than you paid for
By Roadkill

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

Been driving this car for 50,000 miles and haven't spent a dime on it except for regular maintenance. Alas it's too weak to drive on the highway with more than one person in the car, but if you spend most of your time in the city, you can't do better bang for your buck. Highway fuel economy averages to 35 mpg.

hatchback increases cargo room considerably, reliability

more power (added in later models), more responsive steering

Love My Wagon
By LoveMyWagon

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I've had my navy blue wagon since I drove it off of the dealer's lot. This car has never left me stranded. Replaced heater core (leaking coolant in '99 $400), and the ignition ('03 $200). The ignition gave out when I was at PepBoy's so, I wasn't really stranded... Other than these items and routine maintenance, everything else is original. The A/C still blows ice cold air during hot TX summers, never serviced. I've since bought a new car but couldn't bare to trade it in. In fact, I drive this car more than my new minivan. ODO - 114K.

Dependable, good gas mileage, low maintenance cost, and 4-star front and side crash rating. Safety feature: thanks to the peeling black plastic seals, no one will steal my wagon.

I must agree on the black seal on top of doors and the cup holders. I've spilled too many drinks from taking sharp turns as well. Cloth on sun visors are coming apart from the hot Texas sun.