Used 1993 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Escort

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Love My Escort
By SCMunchkin

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I love my escort & it has been very reliable. Have taken many road trips with it & never had any problems.Other than normal maint. I have only replaced the clutch,the dr side cv joint and heater core. I have never been stranded in all my travels. In 02 it finally gave out w/163000 miles. Had motor replaced runs great now and odometer reads 200589 (actual is 63000 on new motor). Interior good cond and exterior no rust just some scratches and bumper damage from some idiot backing into me and not said a word. I have used and abused this car for multiple purposes. Think of buying another car but not sure I want to part w/my baby.

Favorite Features

Great MPG, low maintenance. Great for hauling almost anything.Love the power seatbelts, never have to worry about remembering to put it on.

Suggested Improvements

I agree with everyone else about the black strips under the window peeling, so I pulled mine off and spray painted the strips black, looked better than the silver.

Good Car
By Mpboyd49

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I brought this car to have my first car. I have used it to go back and forth to school everyday. I have not had many problems. I brought the car with 119,000 miles on it, it now has 135,115 miles. Normal oil changes and etc.

Favorite Features

The large space in the rear. The fold flat seats. I like the seat belts.Good gas mileage, it has gone down some with the miles.

Suggested Improvements

Better engine, when a/c is on, really takes a while to get going. More leg room in the back seats.

timing belt
By timingbeltwarning

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

All around economical and reliable veh. Starts excellent in cold weather -35 celsius. Recommended timing belt change=60,000 miles Mine failed at 69,000 Luckily no damage. Dennis

Favorite Features

nothing outstanding. Just practical

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the motorized seat belt system it will sooner or later

good hauler
By michiganman

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I used this car to haul 8ft lumber in sdie with hatch close. Also. I installed a hitch to haul small trailers with home improvement items. The car was abused, I guess, but kept going strong. I replaced the exhaust and struts twice, and clutch once but little else. To keep the AC from running constantly, I tinted the 7 windows. Big winter boots tended to rub the brake pedal when using the gas pedal. A small seat cushion helped smooth out the rough Michigan highway roads and is required for long trips. The car was worth every penny I spent on it. Great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Ability to put long items inside with hatch closed. dependable engine w/ no oil used.

Suggested Improvements

more ground clearance in snow.

Great Car
By ford-4-me

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

This has been a great car. Orginally bought after a divorce when needing an in-expensive car to get me by. Well, 10yrs later, still have it. Minimum maintainence, Replaced tires & battery & rear springs. Thats it!! Great, dependable car, fun to drive especially in snow. Still looks (near) new today.

Favorite Features

Faily sporty looking (w/ Tinted windows) Hauls family w/ luggage, low- key (no tickets, break-ins, theft)

Suggested Improvements

some of the black trim items are fading/peeling.