1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
An oldie but a goodie
By Adrienne on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

This escort has been an extremely reliable car and has never had any problems starting and never died out. When driving this car I was confident that I would get where I needed to go.

My Civic Racer
By JW on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car as a second car. It has since become my primary car. What a fun car. I can't say enough about the fun to drive factor. It surprises most drivers out there. They see Escort and laugh. When the light turns green. I'm the one laughing. It is easy to maintain. Fun to drive.And Very reliable. I bouught it with 66,000 miles on it and within a year put 30,000 miles. It has never even seen the inside of a service shop beside for oil changes. Good job Ford and Mazda!!

LOVED IT!
By BSKET on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I HATED to part with this car!! There were so many wonderful memories tied to it (and with 151000 how could there not)! We took this car everywhere. In NE where the winters can be hell with cold and snow...this car never quivered once! IT always started and scooted around when others were stuck. For a car that was 10 years old, we had done less that $1000 in repairs. AMAZING for a car with that kind of mileage. I never gave taking this car anywhere I wanted a second thought.

escort
By john geuse on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

good car, does not have "cheap" ford economic paint, good fuel economy, reliable engine.

Hard to say goodbye
By Nort on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I think it says a lot for this vehicle that other than the fact we have abused the exterior over the years, there is no common sense reason to let her go.

Quality Wagon-but remember, its a Wagon
By CrossCountryBabs on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it with 58K. Had no problems but struts, brakes and the rear springs. Nothing major. I was only 20 and owned a wagon. My friends thought I was smokin' funny stuff, but hey, it was like driving a truck that got 34 miles to the gallon and never broke down. Not bad if you ask me.

Gonna Miss My Baby!
By Djh on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

Finally going to sell my first and only car that I ever purchased new. Had this one since buying it as a dealer demo in Late 1993 with only a few thousand miles on it. Just turned over the odometer a couple weeks ago and decided that it's time for something bigger and quieter on the highway. Only thing ever replaced was a rear brake rotor, the clutch sensor, three sets of tires, and the recommended other maintenance including the timing belt exactly on schedule. Now that I've written this, maybe I won't sell it after all!!! Boy did I rip up some back highways with this one!

best car I've ever owned
By annieo on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

bought this car new - have driven it everywhere - across deserts, over mtns, off-road, in cities. It still gets me through a 60 mi commute over two mtn. ranges, and I'm getting 35 - 38 mpg. I've replaced some stuff - clutch, radiator, timing belt (twice), etc. - but for almost 200000 mi, thats nothing but maintenance. Fun to drive and very trustworthy!

Everlasting
By JRam on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

I bought this peach in 99 from my brother. He took good care of this car. Driving the car, you would not believe it has 248,000 miles. my wife drives the car, mainly to the store and back. We love it!

93 Ford Escort
By kmcculloh on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

This has been a great car for me. Currently the car has 120000 miles on it, with only regular maintainance all done by myself. I purchased the car in 1998 with 70000 miles on it, all records were with the car and nothing besides normal maitainance had been done. I drive it to work 40 miles per day. I would recommend this car to anyone.