Used 1993 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Awesome little run-around!
By adambrunetx2e

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

My mom bought the car in 1997 and the only money she has had to put into it was basic maintenance. It was mainly used around town but is great on the highway as well. It is now my college car and a lot of miles have been put on it, and has always been driven very hard yet runs amazingly. The body has always been poor but mechanically it can't be beat.

5 speed transmission, rear folding seats, economical on gas, and sporty looking

Better paint/body quality, larger cupholders

This has been a great car
By Betty2

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I've had this car since it was new and it has never failed to get me where I want to go. It has been kept outside, and has always started, at 95 degrees or zero degrees, just turn the key. The kids are older now and we need something that holds 6 people, which is the only reason I'm going to sell it.

I love my Escort
By kifisia

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since it was one year old. It has been a great car and it would have been even better had I not taken it to som horrible mechanics. It is getting old now but it is so economical that I just refuse to let go. The dogs love it too. It is perfect for them.

The little container in between the front two seats has served as a water bowl for the past 5 years for my two dogs. A feature I have yet to find in all the new cars I have tested. Weird need but...for us it has worked out great!

None. I only wish I had a good reliable mechanic. It's been a great car.

Incredible Reliability
By jgh2020

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my LX sedan used with 16,000 miles on it, and have since put on 130,000 more miles. I have replaced the clutch at 130,000, put in a used rebuilt A/C at 110,000, otherwise routine maintenance, tires, etc. I can cruise on the highway very easily at 85mph and this car is as solid as a rock, no shakes or rattles. I don't worry about door dings, grocery carts because it is an Escort...bring it on! It still has tremendous pep in the acceleration with the manual tranny. For the money spent, this has been an amazing car and I will have a hard time giving it up.

Reliability, fuel economy.

Cup holder not well designed...big deal.

Best $2300 ever spent
By The Great Bison

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

Used to drive my mom's 96 LX around with the weak 88 hp engine, my GT makes 40 more hp and the difference is unbelievable! I drive this car around 100 miles per day for both work and school and at 100,000 miles, it still refuses to leak a drop of anything. The only repairs have been the replacement of maintainance parts such as brake linings, and rotors. The mazda engine, 5 speed, and sport tuned suspension makes this car a blast to drive.

The mazda 1.8L DOHC engine that screams like a banshee up to 7000 rpm. Four wheel disc brakes, great gas mileage.

More legroom, I am six feet tall and my right leg rests against the center console. The worst cupholders ever designed for a car. O.E. tires are an oddball size, good luck finding them.