1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Alaska owned
By anchmike on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I have been very pleased with this car. I am an active outdoor enthusiast and have taken this car places where others with two wheel drive wouldn't go. The front wheel drive is excellent. I have had virtually noproblems with this car until recently when it started missing. Turns out the plugs and wiring and timing belt were all still original and should have ben replaced 30,000 miles ago anyway! So now that it has been it is running great again.

small but mighty
By chsmn on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

car came from michigan. on way back the car averaged approx. 35 mpg. since i've had it has been back and forth to west virginia. my wife drives it every day, to and from work and personal use. it is an absolute incredable car. overall a complete two thumbs up! i don't intend to get rid of it.

Love My Wagon
By LoveMyWagon on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I've had my navy blue wagon since I drove it off of the dealer's lot. This car has never left me stranded. Replaced heater core (leaking coolant in '99 $400), and the ignition ('03 $200). The ignition gave out when I was at PepBoy's so, I wasn't really stranded... Other than these items and routine maintenance, everything else is original. The A/C still blows ice cold air during hot TX summers, never serviced. I've since bought a new car but couldn't bare to trade it in. In fact, I drive this car more than my new minivan. ODO - 114K.

Keeps On Going....
By sportster97 on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Bought Green '93 Wagon because of excellent deal at dealers auction. I move alot, so dragging my beefed up '78 Firebird w/ V8 not good idea, gas, etc. So thats where this car comes into the picture. So far I've been pretty happy with it. Interior imaculant and exterior not to shabby. I found the interior to be better in quality than the newer cars today. I want to buy a new car, but none of the Sedans out there seem to satisfy my taste and budget. Hate to get rid of this car being so dependable. Don't much like the new Ford's, so looking at Toyota Corolla in future.

Hope I get it back!
By Doxdad on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car. Inexpensive and reliable...a real Model T. I put 90K on it before I gave it to my daughter. MPG is very good. Few things have gone wrong with it. Great in the snow. Simple to work on. It's not the most comfortable car on long trips, but a roomy little hauler great for getting to work or school. Regular oil changes have helped it to last. Rust has to be looked after now and then. K&N air filter really improved performance! I hope I get it back when my daughter is done with it! Too bad they don't still make them.

Hate to give her up!
By rancocas on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Most reliable car I ever owned! Routine maintenance only. Body/paint integrity remains excellent. Original exhaust and clutch at 148K miles. Would have bought another one but they stopped making the wagon!! Can't afford insurance on two cars so I'm trying to sell it to a good home!

An oldie but a goodie
By adrienne on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

This escort has been an extremely reliable car and has never had any problems starting and never died out. When driving this car I was confident that I would get where I needed to go.

An oldie but a goodie
By Adrienne on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Quality Wagon-but remember, its a Wagon
By CrossCountryBabs on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it with 58K. Had no problems but struts, brakes and the rear springs. Nothing major. I was only 20 and owned a wagon. My friends thought I was smokin' funny stuff, but hey, it was like driving a truck that got 34 miles to the gallon and never broke down. Not bad if you ask me.