Used 1993 Ford Escort LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Escort Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Great Little Car
By great car

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This has got to be the best car I have ever owned. Phenomenal reliability and durability, especially for an American made car in the early 90's. Other than brakes and exhaust, this baby has everything else original, and I can't ever remember a time it has refused to start, drive, or generally perform like I wanted it to. Too bad they don't make the Escort any more, as the Focus appears constantly plagued by a slew of problems, both cosmetic and mechanical. If you can find a used Escort anywhere between '92-'99, grab it & hold on to it; you won't regret it.

No question about it, besides the rock solid reliability, the GAS MILEAGE pays dividends these days - I get about 35-40 mpg on a regular basis, mixed highway and city driving.

Can't really think of any - everything you need, nothing you don't. Not much to look at, but who cares, really, as long as you got wheels that keep on rolling.

I love my Escort
By kifisia

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since it was one year old. It has been a great car and it would have been even better had I not taken it to som horrible mechanics. It is getting old now but it is so economical that I just refuse to let go. The dogs love it too. It is perfect for them.

The little container in between the front two seats has served as a water bowl for the past 5 years for my two dogs. A feature I have yet to find in all the new cars I have tested. Weird need but...for us it has worked out great!

None. I only wish I had a good reliable mechanic. It's been a great car.

Incredible Reliability
By jgh2020

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my LX sedan used with 16,000 miles on it, and have since put on 130,000 more miles. I have replaced the clutch at 130,000, put in a used rebuilt A/C at 110,000, otherwise routine maintenance, tires, etc. I can cruise on the highway very easily at 85mph and this car is as solid as a rock, no shakes or rattles. I don't worry about door dings, grocery carts because it is an Escort...bring it on! It still has tremendous pep in the acceleration with the manual tranny. For the money spent, this has been an amazing car and I will have a hard time giving it up.

Reliability, fuel economy.

Cup holder not well designed...big deal.

Wish I could keep it forever
By Louiza

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

A great little car. It would be even better if I had not taken it to horrible places such as All Tune and Lube in Fairfax. They fixed one thing and destroyed another...Having a great mechanic is important, and I think with the help of one, the Ford Escort 93 can keep going and going and going.

Good car
By Mo and Steak

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I was surprised at the reliability of this little car. We actually never had any very major repairs needed - engine and transaxle still going strong at 119000 miles. Problems: timing belt went at EXACTLY 80k miles (give or take a few). Bad thermostat caused fan to come on just before the car ran hot. Suspension took a beating in Boston - 2 sets of tie rods, axles.

Plenty of engine power and very reliable on the major components

automatic seat belts