Used 1993 Ford Escort LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Escort

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

WOW What a Car
By Car Crazy Kid

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car for my daughter to drive as a reliable, economical, fun to drive vehicle. It is that and a lot more. She has a van but needed economy for her drive to work, this Escort does it all.It gets 34 - 38 mpg, has plenty of go with the 5 spd and never fails to start or go in the snow. I knew what we were getting, we had a 92 LX and a 94 GT, really a shame Ford stopped making this car. The fold down seats and hatch features are great. It's fun to drive around town, turns on a dime and never takes a back seat keeping up with much newer cars. It IS noisy and rides a little rough but for under $750 what do you expect. Past experience says that maintenance will be inexpensive as well.

Favorite Features

MPG, inexpensive to maintain and super reliability. Goes well in the snow and wet. UTILITY is the name of the game here and at a low price. The interior is is outstanding shape for a 17 year old car.

Suggested Improvements

Noisy and rides a little rough on uneven roads. Cup holders stink and so does the sound system but what the heck.

Awesome little run-around!
By adambrunetx2e

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

My mom bought the car in 1997 and the only money she has had to put into it was basic maintenance. It was mainly used around town but is great on the highway as well. It is now my college car and a lot of miles have been put on it, and has always been driven very hard yet runs amazingly. The body has always been poor but mechanically it can't be beat.

Favorite Features

5 speed transmission, rear folding seats, economical on gas, and sporty looking

Suggested Improvements

Better paint/body quality, larger cupholders

Great First Car!!!
By bbajaj

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

This car was bought brand new to be my "college car". Couldn't have asked for anything better. Although, I think a manual transmission is necessary. My girlfriend had a '95 auto, and she sold because her second tranny went out at 110,000. Her original tranny went out at 60,000 miles, which I hear is common with Fords. But with the manual, no problems there. Mine now has 110,000 miles on it and has been fairly reliable. No major problems, only maintenance for normal wear and tear. I would suggest this car to anyone who needs to get from point A to point B at a very affordable price.

Favorite Features

Roomy, good looking Hatchback, very affordable (brought it brand new in '92 for $11,000) fuel economy, heavy doors.

Suggested Improvements

Reliable Automatic Transmissions!!! Bad re-sale value. Better headlights.

Great Economical Car
By mreniceguy

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

Ever since I've had my car, I have been impressed for the value. I have only had to make some minor repairs along the way but so far it's performed better than I expected. The gas mileage is great, especially since I drive a lot between my home town and where I am currently working. A one way trip is about 215 miles. I've put a lot of miles on my car since I've had it and I can't complain. A great car for your money

Favorite Features

The hatchback with the folding rear seats. I was able to fit all of my stuff into my car to move up to college. I couldn't believe how much stuff I could put into that car.

Suggested Improvements

N/A

escort
By john geuse

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

good car, does not have "cheap" ford economic paint, good fuel economy, reliable engine.

Favorite Features

nice 5 speed

Suggested Improvements

more back seat room