1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
WOW What a Car
By Car Crazy Kid on 03/25/10 18:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car for my daughter to drive as a reliable, economical, fun to drive vehicle. It is that and a lot more. She has a van but needed economy for her drive to work, this Escort does it all.It gets 34 - 38 mpg, has plenty of go with the 5 spd and never fails to start or go in the snow. I knew what we were getting, we had a 92 LX and a 94 GT, really a shame Ford stopped making this car. The fold down seats and hatch features are great. It's fun to drive around town, turns on a dime and never takes a back seat keeping up with much newer cars. It IS noisy and rides a little rough but for under $750 what do you expect. Past experience says that maintenance will be inexpensive as well.

Awesome little run-around!
By adambrunetx2e on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

My mom bought the car in 1997 and the only money she has had to put into it was basic maintenance. It was mainly used around town but is great on the highway as well. It is now my college car and a lot of miles have been put on it, and has always been driven very hard yet runs amazingly. The body has always been poor but mechanically it can't be beat.

Great First Car!!!
By bbajaj on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

This car was bought brand new to be my "college car". Couldn't have asked for anything better. Although, I think a manual transmission is necessary. My girlfriend had a '95 auto, and she sold because her second tranny went out at 110,000. Her original tranny went out at 60,000 miles, which I hear is common with Fords. But with the manual, no problems there. Mine now has 110,000 miles on it and has been fairly reliable. No major problems, only maintenance for normal wear and tear. I would suggest this car to anyone who needs to get from point A to point B at a very affordable price.

Great Economical Car
By mreniceguy on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

Ever since I've had my car, I have been impressed for the value. I have only had to make some minor repairs along the way but so far it's performed better than I expected. The gas mileage is great, especially since I drive a lot between my home town and where I am currently working. A one way trip is about 215 miles. I've put a lot of miles on my car since I've had it and I can't complain. A great car for your money

escort
By john geuse on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

good car, does not have "cheap" ford economic paint, good fuel economy, reliable engine.

Hard to say goodbye
By Nort on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I think it says a lot for this vehicle that other than the fact we have abused the exterior over the years, there is no common sense reason to let her go.

93 Ford Escort
By kmcculloh on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

This has been a great car for me. Currently the car has 120000 miles on it, with only regular maintainance all done by myself. I purchased the car in 1998 with 70000 miles on it, all records were with the car and nothing besides normal maitainance had been done. I drive it to work 40 miles per day. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Rebecca's Review
By Rebecca Hughson on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my car in the summer and the sunroof was a great thing. The car rides really well and is very good on gas. It is a standard car which made it better on gas. It is also aircared.