1993 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Ford Escorts are reliable
By Justin Davis on 04/09/09 12:31 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

Must say that after 164,000 miles and a whole lot of rust in 16 years of existence,this car is still driving strong. It's fun to drive and it hasn't given the last owner or me any problems. Love this little car!

1993 Escort GT, sad to see it go
By tarichra4 on 08/29/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought our 93 GT 5 speed with 36,000 miles in 1996, and had to let it go in 2008 due to rust. Was a great car, peppy 1.8 engine gave us no problems except for slight lifter noise and general maintenance. Dist. O-Ring, thermostat and sending unit ,radiator, hoses, small things. Tranny went through 2 clutches, and a 3-4 shift fork and synchronizer. Fun to drive; seems to want to go through front ball joints and outer tie rods though. Ours was blue with gray interior, started rusting around the rear wheel lips, and went like wildfire since. The back half of the car is so rusted in the lower rear panels, and the frame rails are severely rusted. Rear strut came thru, and found more rust on the towers.

Best $2300 ever spent
By The Great Bison on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

Used to drive my mom's 96 LX around with the weak 88 hp engine, my GT makes 40 more hp and the difference is unbelievable! I drive this car around 100 miles per day for both work and school and at 100,000 miles, it still refuses to leak a drop of anything. The only repairs have been the replacement of maintainance parts such as brake linings, and rotors. The mazda engine, 5 speed, and sport tuned suspension makes this car a blast to drive.

MY LITTLE GT
By JWILLI on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I BOUGHT THIS CAR WITH 65,000 MILES ON IT. THIS CAR IS SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE. I PUT 40,000 MILES ON IT IN JUST A YEAR AND A HALF. WHAT A GREAT CAR. FUN TO DRIVE.GREAT TO LOOK AT.0 PROBLEMS SO FAR. CAR IS 10 YEARS OLD.PAINT LOOKS BRAND NEW, NO RUST. AWESOME SHAPE 105,000 MILES ON IT AND STILL FEELS VERY STONG. I'VE BLOWN AWAY LOTS OF TEENS DRIVIN THERE SUPED UP CIVICS AND ACCORDS. YOU SHOULD SEE MY SMILE!!

My Civic Racer
By JW on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car as a second car. It has since become my primary car. What a fun car. I can't say enough about the fun to drive factor. It surprises most drivers out there. They see Escort and laugh. When the light turns green. I'm the one laughing. It is easy to maintain. Fun to drive.And Very reliable. I bouught it with 66,000 miles on it and within a year put 30,000 miles. It has never even seen the inside of a service shop beside for oil changes. Good job Ford and Mazda!!

LOVED IT!
By BSKET on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I HATED to part with this car!! There were so many wonderful memories tied to it (and with 151000 how could there not)! We took this car everywhere. In NE where the winters can be hell with cold and snow...this car never quivered once! IT always started and scooted around when others were stuck. For a car that was 10 years old, we had done less that $1000 in repairs. AMAZING for a car with that kind of mileage. I never gave taking this car anywhere I wanted a second thought.

Gonna Miss My Baby!
By Djh on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

Finally going to sell my first and only car that I ever purchased new. Had this one since buying it as a dealer demo in Late 1993 with only a few thousand miles on it. Just turned over the odometer a couple weeks ago and decided that it's time for something bigger and quieter on the highway. Only thing ever replaced was a rear brake rotor, the clutch sensor, three sets of tires, and the recommended other maintenance including the timing belt exactly on schedule. Now that I've written this, maybe I won't sell it after all!!! Boy did I rip up some back highways with this one!