Used 1992 Ford Escort Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Fun little car
By Keithc

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is quick and very fun to drive. This car also has style with its fog lamps, alloy wheels, and spoiler. This car is cheap and you'll have a blast driving it.

Favorite Features

The hatchback and rear folding seats make this car great for hauling. I put put everything I own in it when I moved to college.

Suggested Improvements

Drop in a K&N and get some new rubber and your ready to rock.

92 Escort LX 4 DR
By joshee23

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

Although an Escort, I must say I am VERY pleased with this vehicle. I have put better than 100,000 miles on this vehicle since 1995 and only have had to replace the tie-rod ends and the normal maintenance items like spark plugs, filters, and tires. It isn't a glamorous car but to get to-and-fro, it performed well beyond my expectations.

Favorite Features

I am thrilled with the fuel economy and the esay of hauling smaller items having fold down seats and a hatchback

Suggested Improvements

Looks for starters and a bit more leg room and head room as I am fairly tall and found it a bit "stuffy."

Wish All Cars Were As Enduring
By redrider31730

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

This was my first car. I hope I get as much satisfaction out of my future vehicles as I got out of this 1992 Ford Escort LX. The only thing I had to replace was 2 timing belts and the AC stop working in this past year. It took me and my own 250000 miles. That's the same distance to the moon. I just traded it for newer vehicle. To the workers of Ford. . .Salute.

Stay Away
By metrolover

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

Car has left us stranded a few different times in the past five years. Twice with transmission problems and once the timing belt broke. Car has run good most of time but I don't dare drive too far from home anymore. I have heard from others that transmission is problem for this car.

Favorite Features

Decent gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

fix transmission problems, paint pealing on top of car.

Strong as a billy goat
By jim7heaven7

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

I recently got rid of my 1992 Ford Escort LX with Auto trans. My wife burned out the tranny, it had 118,000 miles on it and running strong. I had purchased it for college commutes and it worked great and I love hatchs. This car took me through cold winters and blistering hot summers. I decided to let it go because they were wanting to put a re-built tranny on her and it would cost more than the car was worth, so I gave it to my father in-law and he fixed the tranny and is now driveing again.

Favorite Features

A/C, Good in Snow and quiet peppy.

Suggested Improvements

Power locks and windows.