1992 Ford Escort Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Best Ford ever
By 1992 escort on 08/05/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Escort Sedan LX-E 4dr Sedan

I had a 2004 F-150 and a 2004 Mustang Cobra, yet the Escort is my favorite. It's the best 4 cylinder. I have the 1.8 dohc with performance mods. It runs good. I wish Ford made more vehicles like that.

The Nightmare before Caddie
By Cadillac Jack on 12/27/04 10:25 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Escort Sedan LX-E 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for about $2,000 at the time. In the first 3 months, the car was in the shop for a total of 2 whole months total. The tranny was the first to tank. This happened shortly after the sale, the dealer felt so bad, he replaced the transmission free of charge (would have been about $600). Shortly after that, the carburetor tanked ($150), then the ignition($210). Then the ignition again (warrantied). Then the axle shaft on the front driver side ($300). There were some other general repairs in there as well. Finally I'd had enough after 1 year of constant repairs (and finding out that I needed new rear struts). I sold the car for $550.

Great little car
By Male Escort on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Escort Sedan LX-E 4dr Sedan

Amazingly reliable car for the price if you can find one. It is by far the best car I have ever owned (thats why I still have it). It has only cost me app. $600. in repairs in the 6 yrs. I've had it. It has paid for itself over & over again!!