1992 Ford Escort Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Best Ford ever
By 1992 escort on 08/05/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Escort Sedan LX-E 4dr Sedan

I had a 2004 F-150 and a 2004 Mustang Cobra, yet the Escort is my favorite. It's the best 4 cylinder. I have the 1.8 dohc with performance mods. It runs good. I wish Ford made more vehicles like that.

Can't kill this --except the tranny : )
By David Pasette on 02/20/05 00:46 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Religious 3,000 mi oil changes & front brakes every 30,000. That's all this reliable vehicle required. I never liked the transmission, and it's clear that many Fords suffer the same fate as mine... it went before anything else did. Since I had 144k miles on it, I felt the car didn't owe me anything. Before I donated it, the wiper relay went ($140 to replace by special order from the dealer) so I gave up the good fight. When the final tow removed the vehicle from my possession, I was sad. I sincerely believe a $1,000 investment in the car would have bought another 144k miles. Averaged over 30 mpg throughout it's lifespan, & took me from my 1st job out of college ('92) to my 2nd child ('05).

The Nightmare before Caddie
By Cadillac Jack on 12/27/04 10:25 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Escort Sedan LX-E 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for about $2,000 at the time. In the first 3 months, the car was in the shop for a total of 2 whole months total. The tranny was the first to tank. This happened shortly after the sale, the dealer felt so bad, he replaced the transmission free of charge (would have been about $600). Shortly after that, the carburetor tanked ($150), then the ignition($210). Then the ignition again (warrantied). Then the axle shaft on the front driver side ($300). There were some other general repairs in there as well. Finally I'd had enough after 1 year of constant repairs (and finding out that I needed new rear struts). I sold the car for $550.

I want another one!
By meanjean on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Have put 167,000+ miles on my 1992 Ford Escort, 5 spd. Trouble free except for AC problems at 165,000 miles. 33-36 mpg highway. Love it.

Great little car
By Male Escort on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Escort Sedan LX-E 4dr Sedan

Amazingly reliable car for the price if you can find one. It is by far the best car I have ever owned (thats why I still have it). It has only cost me app. $600. in repairs in the 6 yrs. I've had it. It has paid for itself over & over again!!

escort
By taisha stevens on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

the car was excellent