1992 Ford Escort Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Very good first car
By that guy on 04/04/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car was a gift from my parents as a first car. The car is great. It gets good gas mileage and is fun to drive. For being only a 2-door the back seats are still roomy and I was able to fit my friends who are over 6 feet tall in it. But it's a good car and recommend it to first drivers because it's safe.

GT raves
By baks on 09/16/05 16:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

We bought this car with 115,000 miles for my husband. Works road construction and has the car has approximately 387,000 or 487,000 miles; he can't remember if he flipped it two or three times so far. We have only replace the alternator once, and a hose. Wonderful car, and fun to drive. Has some good get up and go!

92 Ford Escort LX
By Valliere on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car 2 years ago with 37K in 2 years put 55K. Cars runs like a champ. NO problems, grt gas miliage. Very dependable

built to last
By airhorton on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

My Father gave me this car, with around 180,000 miles on it, and now im pushing 210,000 miles and still running stong. very quick and nimble. 0-60 in 7.0 sec!

Good Little Car
By wapnlht on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

I have been very impressed with this car.It has had only 3 problems:gas tank had a hole in it,a/c broke,and torque converter went out at 90k's.Even with those problems I think its a good commute car.Its comfortable,handles great,roomy,and fairly safe.I have been in 4 fender benders and after the fix it still looks great.Routine mantinace and it will last forever.

Fun little car
By Keithc on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is quick and very fun to drive. This car also has style with its fog lamps, alloy wheels, and spoiler. This car is cheap and you'll have a blast driving it.

92 Escort LX 4 DR
By joshee23 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

Although an Escort, I must say I am VERY pleased with this vehicle. I have put better than 100,000 miles on this vehicle since 1995 and only have had to replace the tie-rod ends and the normal maintenance items like spark plugs, filters, and tires. It isn't a glamorous car but to get to-and-fro, it performed well beyond my expectations.

Wish All Cars Were As Enduring
By redrider31730 on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

This was my first car. I hope I get as much satisfaction out of my future vehicles as I got out of this 1992 Ford Escort LX. The only thing I had to replace was 2 timing belts and the AC stop working in this past year. It took me and my own 250000 miles. That's the same distance to the moon. I just traded it for newer vehicle. To the workers of Ford. . .Salute.

Stay Away
By metrolover on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

Car has left us stranded a few different times in the past five years. Twice with transmission problems and once the timing belt broke. Car has run good most of time but I don't dare drive too far from home anymore. I have heard from others that transmission is problem for this car.

Strong as a billy goat
By jim7heaven7 on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

I recently got rid of my 1992 Ford Escort LX with Auto trans. My wife burned out the tranny, it had 118,000 miles on it and running strong. I had purchased it for college commutes and it worked great and I love hatchs. This car took me through cold winters and blistering hot summers. I decided to let it go because they were wanting to put a re-built tranny on her and it would cost more than the car was worth, so I gave it to my father in-law and he fixed the tranny and is now driveing again.