1991 Ford Escort Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Piece of trash
By Lenzius on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

I had to replace the original engine at 100K. The head warped on this new engine when the heater core, the fan, and thermastat all went out! No AC, no heater.The gas tank cracked and had to be replaced. The driver's side seatbelt motor locked up mid track. I have done extensive front end work. Oil has leaked out all over the floorboard. The sun visors both broke off. There are no left side speakers. And now the UV joint or transmition or clutch or something is about to go out. If you think this car is so great I will sell you mine.

what a strong car!
By keep on truckin' on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

i bought my escort from a family friend. i have had it for 6 years. i have nearly 193,000 miles on it. when i got it there was 125,000 and it is still ticking. the only things i have to do to it are just regular tune up stuff and also changed out the timing belt, water pump and transmission in 6 years time...pretty good!

Great Starter car
By Maryann on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This is a good car for commuters and an excellent starter car. Based on the MAZDA 323, most of the components are Made in Japan.

I love this car
By Cutie red one on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

My sister bought this car for 4 years ago and right now she gave to me. I really love this car especially her engine!!! although she is kinda old and her exterior is out of date. The color is peeling. Overall, I'm satisfied with this style :)

don't buy a gt model!!
By Fix Or Repair Daily on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

i bought this car after hearing great things about escorts, but in the three months that i've owned it, i've put $500 into repairs. now, the engine totally burned out and the stupid thing won't go anywhere with only 110,000 miles on it and a rebuilt engine 80,000 miles ago. the car was a total mistake on ford's part. go look for an LX model if you want an escort.

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!!
By Lizbeth on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1991 Escort GT new and still have her! She just turned 195,000 miles with just the usual wear and tear expenses. I love this car, the body is still in style, and I love blowing past the new cars with gutless engines! If you have a chance to get your hands on one of these terrific cars, DO IT!!! You won't be sorry.

www.escortracing.com
By julianja on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort Hatchback Pony 2dr Hatchback

This is a very reliable car,definitly an improvement over the first gen escort. It has been refined and restyled to be a moderatly beautiful car as well. it has exceptional fuel efficiency, and very low maintenence costs. Proper preventitive maintenance is a must. The seats are comfortable for short trips only(50 miles or less). The 1.9L provides ample power for the car. Owners of the escort should go to www.escortracing.com and check out our message board at the Escort Racing Development Team.

Affordable, Reliable, Fun
By Blaulang on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 91 Escort in 1996 with about 27,000 miles. Now I have almost 100,000 miles on it, and I have had very few problems with this car, only general maintenance (brakes, belts, etc.) The vehicle still runs great, and the body has held up wonderfully, no rust at all! Also, it has pretty good power for a small economy car if you opt for the 5 speed, and it has very tight handling. It gets around great in the winter and is good on gas, too. I would definitely recommend this car.