1991 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews 3

1991 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1991 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
my gt
By jeremy on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

had mine with no probs for over 200 thousand miles

Great car!
By Espo on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this with 120,000 mi. as a second car for long work commuting. So far it runs great and from what the previous owner told me, it always has. Has nice styling and looks more aggressive than your average Honda Civic.

Awesome Car
By piper1979 on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

This car has been through thick and thin with me. Never had a major problem. It is pushing 200,000 miles and will be with it until it dies!

91' Escort
By joe777 on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort LX 4dr Hatchback

Great car ! If your looking for power and performance look elsewhere (obviously) But if you just need a reliable car that wont cost much at all to maintain and is absolutly amazing on gas, this is a great car to own.

2nd gen Escort GT's RULE!
By FordMan on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

Aquired car 1/99 and average 25,000 miles annually. By the end of '03 it will have 200,000 on. ALL ORIGINAL except air filter, belts and water pump. Still has original plugs, wires, sensors etc. Thought about replacing them, but averaging 35 mpg (and 40.8 on trips) I ask myself...WHY? This car sees mostly highway miles, and occassionally the local drag strip.

minor problem, great car
By Wolfdio on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I have been through a lot with this car. I just love it. I have had it for years before i bought it. my dad bought it in 95 for $2000. In 98 we had to buy a new tranny, and when 2003 came around we had already gone through 3 alternators... ive learned how to fix alternators, and im glad i did.

can't beat it
By groundeffx on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

this is by far the best car i have owned ihave owned many cars in my time and i enjoyed this one the most in 8 years and 89000 miles i never had to do any repairs to this car only normal wear and tear items i regret ever trading it in i am looking today to buy another one it will be hard to find a clean one but it will be worth it.if you are looking and find one buy it ! well worth the value esp.if clean

Escort LX
By Ford Power on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in '95 and have only replaced the tires. Now that I have a 198,000 miles on it without problems...I can't convience myself replace the car for a new one. Problem area: Rust and holes in the hatch which brings in the exhaust gas into the cabin. Summay: Very good car

Very good car
By newb on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

i liked it a lot, it was the best!!!

!
By EGT owner on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

Sweet car, had it for a while, no problems. Thing has a great engine.. excellent saftey tests. I definetly recomend this car.