1991 Ford Escort 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

1991 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
!
By EGT owner on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

Sweet car, had it for a while, no problems. Thing has a great engine.. excellent saftey tests. I definetly recomend this car.

Great Small Car
By Lavararo on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned a 1991 Honda Civic Dx with auto transmission. I am comparing that with my 1991 Ford Escort Gt Model.One thing that I like is the great gas milleage I get on it. In the city I average about 20 Miles a gallon and I live in NYC, lots of traffic. I like the suspension which makes the ride rigid but rather sporty. The car is equiped with a 1.8 L engine dual cam. It has 128 HP which makes it quite faster than the Civic. Even a brand new civic doesn't have as much power as my GT. Well, I purchased the car in Good shape, I only did minor tune up on it. I strongly recomend buying the GT.

don't buy a gt model!!
By Fix Or Repair Daily on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

i bought this car after hearing great things about escorts, but in the three months that i've owned it, i've put $500 into repairs. now, the engine totally burned out and the stupid thing won't go anywhere with only 110,000 miles on it and a rebuilt engine 80,000 miles ago. the car was a total mistake on ford's part. go look for an LX model if you want an escort.

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!!
By Lizbeth on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1991 Escort GT new and still have her! She just turned 195,000 miles with just the usual wear and tear expenses. I love this car, the body is still in style, and I love blowing past the new cars with gutless engines! If you have a chance to get your hands on one of these terrific cars, DO IT!!! You won't be sorry.