2017 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

New Version of Ford Escape 2017 model
By Dan Paris

2017 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My review is based on the Titanium 2.0 liter version which was absent from the drop down box of this survey. First, the 2017 Escape has a newer design on the front end, the rear end and the gear shift. I purposely waited for this version even though they had huge discounts on the 2016's especially because I hated the location of the gear shift in the outgoing model. Second, the price, especially at the upper end of this model is steep but the vehicle offers great room, great handling, good fuel economy and great comfort. We've only owned the 2017 Escape for about a month and 1,600 miles and so far it has performed great. Mainly use it around the city and the gas mileage is consistently between 20 and 21 MPG. On the highway it gets about 25 MPG. I'm hoping when we travel on longer trips it will get a little better MPG. It handles very nicely and the steering wheel feels good in the hands and has the option of being heated, which I really like on cold mornings. If you have arthritis or any other hand, finger, wrist issues then you will like this heated steering wheel option. The SYNC 3 is much improved over the previous versions which I personally used when we owned a 2012 Ford Escape and a 2013 Ford Edge. It is fast and responsive and easier to use. The BlueTooth works very well and the ability to use a cord and use your smart phone as the navigation device (Android Auto) but showing on the Escape's big display is great. As a matter of fact, that's why I opted for the Titanium version with the 301 package and not the moon roof/ navigation options. Saved me $795 on the navigation aspect alone. We really like this Escape because it gives us lots of room for cargo and the ability to take other passengers but handles like a much smaller vehicle.

Bad quality.
By Roma Ukhinov

2017 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

One star for overall rating because of bad quality. The transmission control module was out of order after 1 week of owning of brand new car. I had to leave my new car in the service department for more than one week.

Great car, great value
By Linda Mills

2017 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Escape Titanium has many luxury features found in more expensive SUVs and has met or exceeded expectations.

2017 4WD 2.0 L Titanium Very Impressive - 2
By Chuck

2017 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove the 2017 4WD 2.0 L Titanium version but the Edmunds pull down menu has not been updated to include that as a review option. Excellent car. The only serious negative is that there is a lot road feedback on the steering wheel. The 2.0 L is an excellent choice with the 4WD as it never felt like it was lagging, very powerful. The interior is very nice and reasonably quiet in terms of road noise. A couple of things to me should be standard at this price point: the side mirrors should power fold, the rear seats should have pulls from the trunk that would let them fold down like the Subaru's, heated steering wheel and vented/cooled seats like Hyundai/Kia offer (I have this on my Kia Optima now and with leather seats in the summer it's a must).

Great little SUV, our second Escape in a row
By David Charte

2017 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It is an EXCELLENT vehicle that does just about everything very well to excellently.