2015 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Surprising Small SUV
By I actually own the car I am reviewing

2015 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Drove several SUV's before deciding on the Escape. Traded in a thirsty full size SUV for better mileage and I am not disappointed. Drove the 1.6 and the 2.0 and settled on the 2.0. Why was this not a model option on this site? I had to check 1.6 for it to take my review. The dated non-turbo 2.5 was not even available at my dealer. I understand it is mainly used in low cost fleet cars. Car is quiet, powerful and well-built. Only been to the dealer for oil changes, so far. Some of the controls are a little confusing. The arm rests are too small for a big guy like me, but the seats are fine. The only problem has been the low tire pressure indicator... It has come on a couple of times and there was no problem. It re-set itself. Going to have the dealer check it at the next service.

Great choice!
By mt22657

2015 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First off, I have the 2.0 engine but it didn't list that as a choice when starting the review. I bought this car when it was a year old with about 22K miles and paid $10,000 less than the sticker price. So far it is everything I could have hoped for. Plenty of very comfortable room inside for me and my dogs, terrific ride and I'm averaging a between 24-25 MPG combined. Yes, like everyone else I had some issues with the SYNC system but once I figured out what it required from me it's been trouble-free. You can't force it to work a certain way just because you want it to. I'm looking forward to driving it in the snow and expect I won't be disappointed.

Wind noise
By Bon

2015 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had the windshield checked out and was told this is because of the poor design. The whistle inside the vehicle is almost deafening at times. Very dissatisfied with this problem with the ford escape.

Don't Buy!!
By Evan Datillo

2015 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My ford escape has been nothing but a pain. The mpg is horrible! I'm getting 19.9 while the expected is 24. The car shifts at very weird times. The interior design is good. I am trading it in for a rav4 or a rouge. I would not recommend buying the escape!

My Dream Come True
By Lois Mason

2015 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is performance wise more than I expected. The 4 cyl eco-boost makes this car as zippy as anyone could want without the loss of mpg. I was afraid anything less than a 6 cyl was going to be a dog. It's quiet, it's comfortable and best of all thanks to the excellent, caring sales staff at Fallon Auto Mall, I was afforded the chance to buy "almost new" and save several thousand by buying a 2015. I am very greatful.