Sporty SUV - Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD
By 2010pilot on
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I recently traded in my 2010 camaro to get more room and better winter driving. I researched and drove a lot of cars and I have never owned a ford, I liked the escape the best. I got the almost completely loaded Titanium version, I was a little scared off the price at the start but the car had a lot of great tech features that I liked and I was able to get close to $5000 off MSRP with incentives and negotiations (use True Car to save some $$$). The titanium has everything you could possible use in a car! The 2.0 L turbo also has good power. Mixed driving has been about 25 MPG so far. The car is solid overall and has everything you could think of for options on the loaded version.
Favorite Features
All the keyless entry and tech features are great on the Titanium. As long as you have the key on you, you can open doors, start car, open trunk all by just being around the car and pushing a button. The rearview camera is really nice as well, it outlines the direction you are going based on where your steering wheel is. The ride is really nice, the car seems very solid and well built. My old car squeeked and didn't feel well built from the start. The interior lighting features are great as well, can change multiple colors which my kids like. Door changes from blue to red when you open it. I think the SYNC and screen are nice to, I heard a lot of complaints but I have liked the setup.
Suggested Improvements
It is a compact SUV, so it isn't really too big. If you need space, I would probably get a midsize (but coming from a camaro, it is pretty nice). The back seats are OK, trunk space isn't very large overall (but I am sure comparable to its class). Not a lot of compartment space either, but OK I guess. I don't think resale value will compete with the CRV. But I think this is the sportiest SUV of the bunch. Could reduce MSRP slightly to be more in line with other SUVs of its class but if you negotiate you can get a good deal.