2014 Ford Escape 1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Not a fan of the

2014 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Not a fan of the '14 Escape
By ducky0425 on

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a '14 AWD Escape Titanium on 9/4/13. The pros is the the handle and pickup of the vehicle. Have almost 17K on the vehicle. It is very good from a handle perspective going around turns and curves and the pickup is above average. I would not purchase one again becuz 1) the moonroof is a soft cover, I like to roll down my windows and the cover flaps unless I roll it all the way back 2) the air pressure in tires keeps going low and it doesn't tell which tire is low 3) already had the GPS replaced at 2500 miles 4) the gas mileage took approx 12K before getting 21 mpg 5) the voice recognition is extremely sensitive and is frustrating 6) AC/heat doesn't return to same level when turned on

Favorite Features

Pros: Pickup and handle.

Suggested Improvements

Cons: 1) soft cover on moonroof, poor design 2) air pressure doesn't recognize which tire(s) is low on air, 3) GPS has been approx 1/4 to 1/3 mile off on local roadways, already had it replaced at 2.5K, 4) gas mileage not as advertised, 5) very sensitive voice recognition, 6) when I shut vehicle off and have had the heat or air conditioning unit running, and then return to turn it on, about half the time it starts at full blast.
By richiep1
on 07/15/14 05:02 AM (PDT)

Thank you for an honest review. I did a second test drive of the Escape and found the moonroof cover as you described. If not for your review I never would have notice. When I did the first test drive the dealer opened the roof and we closed it on the highway, thereby leaving the cover open. It was exactly as you described and mostly because of this feature I am not walking away from this vehicle. This is a good heads up for anyone considering an Escape. I think this brought to mind some of the other cheap plastic that Ford uses on the model.